I am trying to puchase 2000 miles through ualmiles.com/julychase and can't find an icon to do this.

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by pa1uls, Aug 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

?

How the hell do you purchse miles from ualmiles.com/julychase. This is a very difficult site to use.

Poll closed Aug 16, 2012.
  1. batman.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. A lousy site

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. pa1uls

pa1uls New Member

Status Points:
    How do you purchase miles from this site from ualmiles.com/july chase? this is a difficult site to use!

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's a link on the left-hand side... ORDER LINK:BUY PERSONAL MILES

That said, instead of paying $56.44 for 2000 miles (that's the price I see), why not become a Premium member of MilePoint for $59 and get 2000 miles, 2000 Hyatt points or Plat status and a whole bunch of other benefits?

3. aviator8

aviator8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    yeah what he said. much better deal.

4. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agree Premium Membership is the way to go. Another alternative is to buy Chase UR points to transfer if you have a Sapphire Preferred or Ink Bold card. From what I hear, they post faster and are cheaper too (~$25/1000pts).

5. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    But Premium Membership miles may not post in time for OP's purposes.

If you have a flight coming up, it's possible that the buy-up price for miles may be less than the Chase offer. I recently bought ~40k miles for $814, which is a lower rate. (It was cheaper than buying the ticket for cash....)

The rates on my various itineraries range from 2.1c/mile to 3c/mile, depending on where I'm going and how long the flight is.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.