I AM PPS! WAIT FOR ME!

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by RCTP, Jan 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    iolaire, Sammich and WilliamQ like this.
  2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is definitely a DYKWIA case.
    There are so many cases where the incoming flight was late and still the connecting flight was not held... does he really expect a plane to be held when it was not even a connecting flight / weather issue and merely he was stuck in a shopping line?...

Newscience, iolaire and Sammich like this.
  3. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Some people are just one brain cell short of being normal

daninstl and Newscience like this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    SQ25 from FRA to SIN should have waited for this moron and been delayed because he "got stuck in the line in one of the duty free shop." Imagine that...

5. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    If he wants an airline to consider delaying a flight for him for 5 mins because he was stuck behind a duty free line perhaps he should go charter a jet himself.

Newscience, Flyer1976 and WilliamQ like this.
  6. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think...I think the guy deleted his post.

Too bad anything on the Internet stays there forever.

WilliamQ and Newscience like this.
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder whether the DYKWIA was on his way to the FT SIN DO.

Sammich and Flyer1976 like this.
  8. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sammich likes this.
  9. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
  10. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I'm no duty free expert but I wonder if you buy something duty free then miss your flight and have to go back out of the airport if that's a customs issue? I assume it could be?

11. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    One can buy duty free goods only after one has checked in to show an intl departure boarding pass. Most, if not all, duty free shops are also located after security check and passport control. Some airports would deliver the purchased duty free items to your departure gate, while others would let you take them with you, but there is no need to go out of the airport. In fact, going out of the airport is not allowed because local people would then be able to go to the airport to purchase duty free goods even if they are not traveling internationally. Flight departures are not in any way connected to duty free purchases. One does the later at one's own peril, as the OP found out...

12. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    My point exactly. What if you check through security, show your intl departure boarding pass, buy the duty free goods (when allowed to carry them out) and then miss your flight, have it cancelled at the gate and have to leave to go to a hotel or whatever? I assume that customs would be a problem. I 'm sure the store would hold your goods until you return but....

13. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe that there is a contingency for such irregular operations. They may not care if it is clear that you would be departing later or the next day for sure, or the store might keep the goods as you surmise...

Sammich and daninstl like this.
  14. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I saw a guy once miss his flight to Vegas because he got stuck in line waiting for a chicken sandwich at Burger King.

And I know it was a chicken sandwich because he was yelling a his phone (talking to his friends who were onboard) "that f*cking Burger King!!!" over and over while throwing his food around the gate area.

Sammich and daninstl like this.
  15. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    He's going Vegas and he's buying a Burger King sandwich.
    To top it off, he misses his flight to Vegas because of THE Burger King (Chicken) sandwich
    Then he blames Burger King for missing his flight?

I am usually not a mean person but I just thought this is so funny...
    And I think he may find it funny too when he thinks back about this incident a few decades later.

But seriously, in both situations, I would have walked away.
    Especially for the BK incident even if I have paid and am "just" waiting for the food.

Sammich, viguera and daninstl like this.
  16. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you sure that wasn't on an episode of The Amazing Race :)

Sammich and viguera like this.
  17. RCTP

RCTP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sammich and WilliamQ like this.
  18. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup. I can imagine his surprise when he landed and realised that instead of an outpouring of sympathy for him and the "obvious" condemnation of the evil, cruel and greedy corporation (aka SIA), he was literally slammed from all sides. Some remarks were really snarky. As high as he is in the corporate world of his field of work, I would have expected better mannerism. Could be tough working under bosses like him. He was probably in shock and then quickly deleted the post. Probably lots of friends drew his attention to the post too while trying in vain to reach him as he cruises 30,000 feet up in the sky, sipping Krug.

19. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    To this day, whenever anybody even thinks about spending extra time on the lounge or moving away from the gate area right as boarding is starting, we all start yelling "that f*cking Burger King!!!"

It was funny (to us) because they even called security and all and they were just standing by in case the guy didn't calm down. We were just sitting around catching the show since we were waiting for bump vouchers.

daninstl and Sammich like this.