I’ve Earned Lifetime Status With Starwood!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 26, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

As much as I'm loyalty program obsessed, it might surprise some people to know that I actually don't care all that much about achieving lifetime status... in general. That might seem counter intuitive, given that I'm still fairly young and potentially have quite a while to reap the benefits of such a status. Why don't I really care much for lifetime status, both with airlines and hotels? -- Lifetime status is a long term goal, and programs often change the thresholds required for lifetime status; if it takes 10 years to earn it, I'd hate for the rules to change eight years in -- With the consolidation/mergers we're seeing in the industry, we've seen some change in benefits over the years to lifetime status -- I constantly evaluate the value of the programs I'm most loyal to, and would rather fly and stay with the companies which deliver me the most value now, as opposed to looking too far forward -- As I've often explained, I take a long term short term approach to this hobby; that's to say that I'm dedicated to playing the game long term, but I believe the best way to do that is by constantly evaluating how things are now, as opposed to how they might be at some point in the future The post I’ve Earned Lifetime Status With Starwood! appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...