I’m not sure I can pull this off.

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    We are leaving in less than two weeks, and I’m not ready at all.

I have so much to do.

Let me be clear that I want to roll my eyes when other people say that to me about their upcoming trips. I think, “How hard could it be? Just throw some clothes in a bag and make sure you’ve got your passport. Whatever.”

But no. No. It’s not like that.

This is a BIG TRIP, and I’m just so overwhelmed.

And I’m such a hypocrite.

I would laugh, but I’m a little too stressed for humor.

In nine days…NINE!…we’ll be en route to Tokyo, followed by Kyoto, Paris, and Barcelona. It sounded like a good idea at the time.

I have no idea how to get from the airport to my hotel in Tokyo. I haven’t bought our train tickets yet – even though I know we have to buy them before we leave to get the deal.

I’m kind of freaking out.

Sadly, this freak out is not of the productive, adrenaline-fueled variety. Instead, I find myself intensely studying Kooba bags on Tradesy at midnight. Why? Who knows. But I’m certainly not taking care of any business. I need to make a spare key for our housesitters. I need to figure out the European power outlet thing. I need to write a bunch of copy for the Holiday Look Book at my new job.

But instead, here I am, writing this post.

I know we’ll make it out of here somehow, but at the moment I’m not quite sure how – and I know that I’m not helping things with my extreme, inexplicable, paralyzing procrastination.

Words of wisdom? Advice? Similar issues? Please share!

The post I’m not sure I can pull this off. appeared first on Points and Pixie Dust.

The post I’m not sure I can pull this off. appeared first on BoardingArea.

Continue reading...

2. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I are currently in Kyoto and loving it! Spent first four nights in Tokyo. While there can sometimes be a language barrier, all train and transportation signs are in English and everyone is super helpful. Where are you first staying that you have to get to from the airport? Also,the Japan Rail Pass is excellent and super easy to use, especially with the Hyperdia iPhone app (for figuring out train schedules).

Anything else I can help you with to help your trip prep be easier?