I’ll Recline My Seat If I Want To (Opinion)

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by Prior2Boarding, Aug 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Prior2Boarding

Prior2Boarding New Member

After Gary from View from the Wing wrote about the United flight that was diverted after a passenger was restricted by another passenger from reclining her seat… I decided to share my opinion. Some of you might consider it selfish, others of you may be in agreement. My philosophy is that if I pay for a seat and that seat has reclining capabilities, then I will most definitely use it. Back in June, I was on a BA flight from Cairo to London, the lady sitting behind me woke me up and asked me to bring my seat forward because it was ‘bothering‘ her… I politely refused. I closed my eyes and attempted to fall sleep again. The lady behind me called the flight attendant and expressed her concerns. The flight attendant said that I had the ability to recline my seat because I had paid for that seat. The lady woke me up a second time and asked me again… I kindly refused. However, during the meal service, I did bring my seat forward to make her life easier. It’s also just proper etiquette. On Qantas they make you bring your seat forward during the meal services. If the [...] The post I’ll Recline My Seat If I Want To (Opinion) appeared first on Fly2Travel.

Continue reading...