Hyatt's April Promotion

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by karung99, Mar 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hyatt Gold Passport is excited to announce that the next global campaign will run 01APR11 through 30JUN11.
    Members can earn 10,000 HGP bonus points after their first 5 eligible nights and then 5,000 bonus points for every 2 nights after that.
    Members can earn up to 25 nights (maximum of 60,000 bonus points).

uggboy, travelmystic, geoffco and 5 others like this.
  2. vangrizz
    Original Member

vangrizz Silver Member

Status Points:
    With the stripping of the G bonuses, I can't say that that's a very exciting promo at all.

3. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not a bad promo considering the competition right now. We all knew we were not getting FFN this go around. Diamonds should still be able to net a nice 3k min/night for most of the promotion, before room rates->points are calculated and 30% bonus. May be a good way to qualify (or get a head start on re-qualifying) with one night stays. Since it is a night promotion, those on longer trips or vacations also benefit.
    This might have some merit, except that since it is a night promotion (and not a stay one) the G stripping as you state it is a bit diluted. For those of us who qualify on stays, yes this hurts a bit more.

karung99 likes this.
  4. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got the same email about an hour ago. Lets accumulate some points!

karung99 likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like I am missing out on about 20k points with my upcoming March stays. Still debating whether I should aim for renewal of Diamond, which might be difficult without double-stay promo later in the year.

karung99 likes this.
  6. Pegasus
    Original Member

Pegasus Gold Member

Status Points:
    We kinda expected this offer, but here hoping for the FFN, may be the end of year?

KIXman and karung99 like this.
  7. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear MilePoint Members,

We’re excited to announce details of the Hyatt Gold Passport promotion! Starting 4/1, members who stay 5 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide will earn 10,000 bonus points, plus an extra 5,000 bonus points for every 2 additional eligible nights through 6/30. Starting on 3/31, visit www.goldpassport.com/possibilities to register. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Chrissi R.

Morgan, karung99 and kenbo like this.
  8. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like the link is'nt live yet. Thank goodness its a night promo and not based on stays.

karung99 and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  9. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does this mean the page won't be live until 3/31? Or is it just down temporarily?

Kaanapali, karung99 and tigerwong like this.
  10. tigerwong
    Original Member

tigerwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    Promos can always be better, but I think this is pretty good considering the other programs' promos and improving economy. I don't think this gets me out of my seat to race for stays, but I will put Hyatt back in consideration for my hotel dollars.

I am most grateful that this announcement will end all the speculation and nonsense that had dominated the Hyatt forums everywhere.

11. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chrissi.

When are we going to see Gx bonuses?

flyingdawg and Kaanapali like this.
  12. bsdstone
    Original Member

bsdstone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am looking at reserving 2 rooms for 2 nights, and one room for 1 night a the Hyatt in Orlando...will this count as 5 nights?

karung99 likes this.
  13. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe you will only get two nights stay. Multiples rooms at the same property doesn't count.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

kenbo and Kaanapali like this.
  14. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    It will probably not be live until at least 3/31 ;)

karung99 likes this.
  15. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    The way I look at it is until one chain steps up and does a mega promotion none of the others are going to put their necks on the chopping block.

Put it this way, this is better than what was on offer from 1 Jan thru 30 March. Last week we had nothing planned, today we have had a change of plans and we are looking at 6 nights at Hyatt in April which will net us 10k in bonuses that we would not have gotten otherwise.

We are not Diamonds and don't expect to be, so am not disappointed that we are not going to get the fastrack option to Diamond status.

16. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    That was my first thought as well. You'll get a nice chunk of points though!

karung99 and Kaanapali like this.
  17. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The website to register will be live in a few days, just be patient guys :)

Kaanapali likes this.
  18. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Definitely patient :) Also definitely cognizant of the GP website's uncanny ability to be...how shall we say...hit or miss with target dates :)

tigerwong, karung99 and kenbo like this.
  19. hobo13
    Original Member

hobo13 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Shall we call this the 'The Great 10K Reloaded'?

karung99 likes this.
  20. Intrepid

Intrepid Active Member

Status Points:
    Has this been confirmed? I see many of my favorite N American properties having G bonuses expiring March 31, 2011.

karung99 likes this.
  21. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quote from Satori on FT as follow:

Some promotions favor extended stays and some favor one nighters.

This is not a deal like FNF where 10 one-nighters earn 5 free nights anywhere.

Hyatt might have shelved that promotion for good now that they are playing in the big league of bank card points.

This promotion is certainly a good value offer for a person with extended stays.

Assume 3 or 4 hotel stays of 3 or 4 nights each at $200 per night during the three month promotion period. This is the typical business conference stay.

11 nights earns 25,000 bonus points.

25,000 points buys:

1 night at any category 6 hotel in the world (22,000)
    2 nights at category 3 hotels (2 x 12,000)
    3 nights at category 2 hotels (3 x 8,000)
    5 nights at category 1 hotels (5 x 5,000)

Looking at the low end where a Hyatt category 1 hotel (19% of all Hyatts) requires 5,000 points for a free night, the value of 25,000 bonus points after 11 nights is equivalent to:

• about 50,000 Marriott points (5 nights x 10,000 points for Marriott Category 2) or
    • 62,500 Hilton points (5 nights x 12,500 points for HHonors category 2) or
    • 18,000 Starwood points (2 nights x 3,000 weekend category 2 + 3 nights x 4,000 weekday cat 2).
    I use category 2 rather than category 1 to compare Marriott, Starwood and Hilton to Hyatt category 1 due to the low percentage of category 1 hotels in the respective chains compared to Hyatt. Marriott is about 6% hotels in category 1, SPG is 2%; Hilton is 1% while Hyatt is 19% in category 1.

At the high end of hotel rewards this 25,000 points offer after 11 nights is equal to 1 Marriott night at 40,000 to 50,000 points for a Marriott category 8 or Ritz-Carlton tier 3. Hilton HHonors 50,000 points for a category 7 or Waldorf Astoria 60,000 points high season award, or Starwood 20,000 points or 25,000 points peak season category 6 or even 30,000 for some category 7 hotels.

Are you going to earn that many points with Marriott, Hilton or SPG with 11 nights during this Hyatt promotion time period?

Not unless these other programs step up their promotions from the current offers!

uggboy, yunicorner and Kaanapali like this.
  22. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    After reading satori post, it is better than The Great 10K :)

uggboy likes this.
  23. Lalala
    Original Member

Lalala Silver Member

Status Points:
    meh, but i guess it'll have to do. For the record, unless I have tons of work travel, it ain't going to happen. The rates at my local hyatts are really high -all the time.

thegrailer, karung99 and Kaanapali like this.
  24. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to second this...it is amazing what the rates are for now at local Hyatts nearby for April-June...about 20% higher than last year at a minimum and some much higher. Someone's economy is doing better [​IMG]

karung99 likes this.
  25. Britinva
    Original Member

Britinva Active Member

Status Points:
    Personally I'm quite pleased with this promotion as I have at least 10 nights coming up with Hyatt before 6/30. Who knows I may steer a few more trips to Hyatt as a result of this. Hoping for a FFN later in the year of course or a double stay promotion so I can definitely re qualify as a Diamond.

karung99 likes this.