Hyatt Summerfield Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport-South

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by OCP, Mar 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. OCP
    Original Member

OCP Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked a one bedroom suite using points. After asking, I was given the option to upgrade (as a Diamond) to a 2 bedroom suite for the first night but they were sold out the second night so I stayed with a one bedroom.

The hotel is about one year old. The rooms were somewhat smaller than a typical Summerfield Suites but they were fine. The bathroom had a shower only with a see through window (see picture) which I thought was odd. There were 2 TVs - one in the bedroom and one in the living room. As with most SS hotels, there is a full size fridge and a microwave and pullout sofabed.

The evening social hour was Monday Thursday (5:30-7pm I think). They had different items each night which were posted in the room. The first night I was there they had salad, pizza, soft (fountain) drinks, beer on tap (Yuengling and a lite beer) and wine, cookies for dessert. Breakfast was typical Summerfield Suites - quite good.

There was a free shuttle to the airport. There were shops and restaurants nearby. Also Boomers Amusement park was within walking distance.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again

Attached Files:

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    This hotel (and its neighboring Hyatt Place) are located about six miles from my house. I've done some mattress runs and I just want to second OCP's review.

The SS has the advantage of being placed further east on the shared property. This is important as one side of the HP's building lies directly alongside I-95 (in other words, the HP acts as a "sound wall" for the SS).

As OCP notes, there are several food options within walking distance. Within a block or two are a Chipotle and a Burger King, while across the street from them are 24 hour McDonalds and Taco Bell. Further into the Oakwood Plaza shopping strip mall, near the Boomers, are a TGI Fridays, Sweet Tomatoes and Red Lobster. A better choice in the sports pub vein is Millers Ale House:

http://www.millersalehouse.com/

Plenty of options if you have a car, including a good Indian restaurant, Royal India that is a member of Rewards Network (iDine) and is about four miles away:

http://www.royalindiafl.com/

flyingdawg likes this.