hyatt suite upgrades

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by marcwint55, Dec 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have three suite upgrades that expire the end of this year. they can be used for stays next year but have to be booked by year end. I do not need them at present and will gladly give them to anyone that can use them. if you are interested please send me a pm. I don't know if they are transferable, so the reservation may have to have my name and number along with the name of whoever wishes to use them.

Horse, Mikus33, wrxmom and 4 others like this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very generous of you, thanks.

I might have use for one of them, so pencil my name in and I will reach out with details once I'm solid on the dates.

Thanks

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree it is very generous. However, unfortunately you'll find that they are not transferable. Sorry guys.

theBOAT

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Well as the OP suggests one can make a reservation in their own name, and it may work to add someone else's name as second guest in the room ('checking in first'). But YMMV.

anabolism, marcwint55 and viguera like this.
  5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    will do

6. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good idea... I actually wanted to try this with my wife on one of her solo trips, but then again I didn't want to have her deal with any resulting "fallout" / shenanigans if I never showed up but they wanted to see proof that I was using the room.

I'll let the OP be my guinea pig!! :)

theBOAT

marcwint55 and viguera like this.
  7. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    no problem in the past. have done it many times already for family and friends.

theBOAT likes this.
  8. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    My husband and I have done this several times with no problems.

marcwint55 and theBOAT like this.
  9. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    "This year's" suite upgrades can be used (booked) for future reservations until 2/18/13 not year end.

10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do I have to be a Diamond member at the time of the stay? I have four that will expire and I will drop to Platinum. I suppose I could do some speculative bookings, though to be honest they'd be extremely speculative at this time.

marcwint55 likes this.
  11. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    No you do not. Just have to book with upgrade availability before the end of February 2013 (I have 3 left myself, and will be Platinum when staying at the property).

Of course, you cannot modify the reservations after 2/28/13, since the certificate will have expired (i.e. you can't change the dates of your stay and re-apply the same cert). I lost 2 that way last year!

theBOAT

12. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you mean 2/18 or 2/28?

marcwint55 likes this.
  13. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had success adding someone to my reservation and then letting him check in using his credit card, check out and pay for the room (in situations where it was easier than trying to transfer the reservation to him). Once I ended up with the Hyatt points, too.

marcwint55 likes this.
  14. sealiz
    Original Member

sealiz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it would be nice if they could just be used during the year ;) I have yet to be able to use any of my upgrades. Somebody had a great idea on the Starwood forum where there would be an option for people who requalified for the following year to be given a list of options as to what they wanted for their "extra" bonus. I personally think Hyatt might want to think about doing this. If upgrade certs aren't used by the end of the year then the Diamond member (if they retained status for the following year) they get a choice of some bonus.

anabolism likes this.
  15. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    What do you mean? Aren't they valid for one year? Do you mean until the end of the following year?

16. sealiz
    Original Member

sealiz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I meant that it would be nice if they could actually be used and applied. Many members have not had the opportunity to upgrade when they tried to use their upgrade certs to a suite.

17. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, I didn't realize they were hard to use. Hyatt should either make them easier to use or easier to extend (e.g., if you try several times to use them and can't, you get an extra few months).

18. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    They can be easy or hard depending on property, specific dates you're trying to use them, how far in advance (whether suites are sold out), etc. They aren't inherently hard or easy, it just depends on the pattern you have in attempts to use.

anabolism likes this.
  19. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not really on topic, but where to you see your Suite upgrades are they listed in your Hyatt account like the free nights are? I was suppose to get two suite upgrades as platinum who just got the Hyatt credit card. My two free nights are listed in my account but I don't see anything about the suite upgrades. I emailed Chase customer service and they told me to contact Hyatt, I emailed Hyatt customer service, and got no response, however I did get an email asking me to take a survey and rate the customer service I received from hyatt????.

20. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine are listed in my account, under "your awards," but free night and suite upgrades are in two separate sections, each with its own disclosure box to see:

hyatt-awards-1.jpg

hyatt-awards-2.jpg

LIH Prem likes this.
  21. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have never had a problem using them.

I am currently at the Hyatt Regency in Waikiki using a suite upgrade over New Year. We were even upgraded to the penthouse suite which is a $2500.00 per night room that can only be booked directly through the hotel.

We used two suite upgrades at the Park Hyatt in Tokyo a few months ago with no problems either.

ballardFlyer and LIH Prem like this.
  22. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are these upgrades useable at Hyatt Houses and such too?

marcwint55 and LIH Prem like this.
  23. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If you can find one with suites, presumably yes.

marcwint55 and LIH Prem like this.
  24. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    No. Not valid at HP or HH. Not to mention it would be a waste to use a suite upgrade at an HH, and HPs are all suites anyway.

All the rules are published in the gold passport web site. Look under Diamond benefits. (the suite upgrades are a diamond benefit, so that's where the t&cs are listed.)

Suite upgrade is valid on paid nights, for a maximum of 7 consecutive nights; excludes Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa, Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Hyatt Regency Paris-Madeleine, Hyatt Regency Tulsa, Hyatt Regency Wichita, Hyatt Santa Barbara, Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, Park Hyatt Sydney, Hyatt House properties, Hyatt Place properties and Hyatt Residence Club resorts.

25. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Given Hyatt House' previous name was Summerfield Suites, my first answer above makes no sense. And I had a very nice suite the one time I stayed at a Hyatt House.

LIH Prem and marcwint55 like this.