Hyatt Regency Wichita

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by alohastephen, Dec 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just booked a couple of nights at the Hyatt Regency Wichita and used a soon-to-expire Suite upgrade in combination with their Welcome credit rate that includes $75 in spending credits. At $109/night, I think that it's a decent deal.

Update 1: I just found out that I could have had the property by bidding on priceline for $65/night. Would Diamond Suite upgrades apply to priceline bookings?

Update 2: My sister just booked the same property/same date on priceline for $47/ night.
    I will update later with details on the Hotel and the Suite.

Any suggestions on family oriented things to do while in the area?

I'm already planning on visiting the aviation museum, and catching a movie at America's 2nd largest imax while in Wichita.

FriendlySkies likes this.
  2. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    No - Diamond Suite Upgrades are not applicable to "non-eligible" stays - eg Priceline/Hotwire, awards, stay certs etc.

alohastephen likes this.
  3. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    image-3699531114.png

We ended up with the "cottonwood suite" on the 5th floor.

The room was very nice and spacious.

There were two issues during our stay:

1) Hyatt's econcierge confirmed that we would have club lounge access. BUT at check in we were told that the hotel does not have a club lounge. The business center was also closed for maintenance.

2) We were kept up for most of the night because of maintenance due to an apparent problem on the floor above. They did offer to change rooms at about 2am, but was too exhausted.

For the most part, we did have a great time in Wichita. I just wish that the Hyatt was a little more on top of things.

4. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    image-1388234294.png

By the way, the Wichita IMAX was awesome! Note my 10 year old standing at the bottom middle of this 6 story high screen.

5. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for that clarification. :)