Hyatt Regency Wichita - REVIEW

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by roadwarrior365, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is one of my hometown Hyatts so I thought I start the Review Thread. After they have completed the lobby renovation last June the service went downhill, but seems to have recovered now. I have had two stays here this year the first time I was upgraded to the Presidental Suite and on the second stay to the vice presidental suite. Both suites have been renovated recently and are some of the best I have seen in the US. Harvest Grill has in my opinion the best breakfast buffed of any hotel in town. The hotel provides shuttle service around town since caps are extremly expensive here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All the pictures of the Vice Presidental Suite.

alohastephen, uggboy, gleff and 2 others like this.
  2. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice suite! :)

Did you have to give over a Suite Upgrade cert to get that room, or did they just do it automatically?

alohastephen and uggboy like this.
  3. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

Status Points:
    No I didn't use a suite upgrade and the hotel was fully booked with Cessna Annual Sales Meeting. I would have assumed they would have given them the suites due to the revenue they bring in.

4. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Stayed here again and had the shuttle service pick me up from home and the next day take me to the airport. This worked out wonderful since the shuttle has a given radius of 5 miles from the hotel, but they will pick you up anywhere in Wichita if you let them know in advance. Upon arrival at the hotel I was recognized by the staff and immediately offered the Diamond Amenity and choose the points. The GM came down to welcome me back, which I always welcome at my hometown Hyatt's to find out whats going on at the hotel. I was given a suite on the third floor called the Bluestem Suite and there was amenity plate delivered later in the evening together with my order from room service. Breakfast at the restaurant is very good and offeres made to order omeletes and waffles. The hotel is back to being the best in town after a slump in service last year if you ever have to come to Wichita this is the place to stay. The rest of the pictures can be found here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

alohastephen, uggboy and gleff like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why are taxi's are extremely expensive in Wichita?:mad:

Free shuttle around town from the hotel and back? To stated times?;)

Indeed, a beautiful hotel! Thanks for the extensive pictures you took!:)

alohastephen likes this.
  6. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Free shuttle around town from the hotel and back? To stated times?
    The shuttle needs to be requested at the bell stand and if you wanna go back to the hotel call them.Also the airport shuttle doesn't run on a schedule you will have to use the courtesy phone in baggage claim or make prior arrangements with hotel and it will be waiting for you at the airport.
    Indeed, a beautiful hotel! Thanks for the extensive pictures you took!
    Thanks

alohastephen and uggboy like this.
  7. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the review. I will be staying here in early Jan 2012. I hope that my Suite upgrade certificates will be applied to the same Prez. Suite. ;)

roadwarrior365 and FriendlySkies like this.
  8. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

Status Points:
    A suite upgrade certificate will get you the second suite I reviewed. Its just a regular KING room with the parlor attached. The suite is on the third floor with a view out on a roof and not worth a certificate in my opinion. You could always contact the hotel and ask if they would be willing to put you into a suite on a higher floor. I doubt they would be willing to give you the Presidential or Vice Presidential Suite since these suites require GM approval and are usally comped for events and VIPs. The hotel only has 5 suites the ones on the 4th and 5th floor are also parlor suites, but both have better views and are larger. I specially like the Suite on the 5th floor and attached some pictures below. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

alohastephen likes this.
  9. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I found some pictures of the Presidential Suite, which is located on the 17th floor. Its has a Tassimo machine with a nice selection of coffee, tea, and hot chocalate. Also, there are usally several bottles of wine, softdrinks, and water. Additional pictures of the suite can be found here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

alohastephen likes this.
  10. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks again. I got a confirmation/reminder from the Hyatt Conceirge with a reply address.
    Do you happen to have a direct email address for the Wichita Hyatt?;)

roadwarrior365 likes this.