Hyatt Regency Sacramento Regency Club changes

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by storyteller, Feb 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. storyteller
    Original Member

storyteller Gold Member

Status Points:
    With the foyer & bar being renovated last year there was a big difference in the Hyatt Sacramento.

Now, you can have a meal in Dawson's Steakhouse then drinks in the Bar, or by the pool outside. Or the other way round. Outside they have cosy seats & braziers that are warm enough even in winter. Table service too. Inside there is a band a few nights / week, especially weekends. The waitresses remembered my drink, & my boyfriends' from last December!! Now that's service!

So, this week they have also revamped the Regency Club menu!
    Fresher presentation of the sliced veges & dip. And the pickled veg. And grilled vegetables. Manchego & Humbolt Fog with large crackers, sliced sour dough, focaccia. Both Vines & Dawson's restaurants will contribute foods to the hot dishes. Tonight input was succulent skewers of salmon, with lemon & grilled Brussels. A substantial meal, rather than a snack. Each night there will be hot food from one of the restaurants. I'll be here for a few days to sample what they serve .....

Dessert is now presented from opening of the Club rather than just 8pm. Also a revamped offering! Help yourself to a cup of choc chips, nuts, smarties, nut & toffee brittle, seeds, granola, other little sweet bits. Plus mini cup cakes, some being 1/2 cheesecake.

And also a chocolate board! Yep, a chocolate board!!! Wedges of chocolate - white & dark, plus a dagger to break off a piece. And a girolle to scrape a chocolate frille. Never seen this before! Think a blade that runs in a circle. Instead of a frill of cheese, this is on a round of chocolate / hazelnut. Yumm! You get to play with your food, and get a frill of delicious choc hazelnut, with a trim of white chocolate...

The spirits are now made up by the lounge concierge. Wines are on the counter for self pour / service. A glass is $5, with a generous pour. Fridge contains beers, water, juices, for help yourself. Espresso machine. Selection of teas & herbals.

Fresh whole fruits in a bowl. Delicious new salty chocolate cookies in a jar.

A very nice choice for the casual or business traveller. And it wasn't too shabby either before the change.

gleff and uggboy like this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Nice, I admit I've been conditioned to be a bit fearful when seeing a post title such as this one. Turns out, changes you're going to like can actually be good! :) Will look forward to seeing this in person in a few weeks!

3. storyteller
    Original Member

storyteller Gold Member

Status Points:
    When will you be here? Maybe you 2 could join me for a pool side appetizer? The ambience is lovely out there, even tonight when it is was -1 !!!