Hyatt Regency Reston (VA)

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by viguera, May 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just finishing up a 4 night stay here and I'm actually pretty happy with the hotel.

Ended up in a "Conference Suite" which is actually very nice and spacious at almost 900 square feet. The room uses the "lockoff" setup that I've seen in other Hyatt properties, where the living area has two hotel rooms on each side, so you end up with a regular king room and the living room when they open the connecting door.

The living area is quite spacious -- not as big as Grand Cypress or Bonita Springs, but still quite large. You get a wet bar and mini-fridge, full entertainment center (TV with Bose receiver, subwoofer, etc), Queen sleeper sofa and a few other pieces of furniture. You also have two work areas and a full bath, so there's plenty of space and amenities if you're staying as a family or have that needs to crash.

The "bedroom" area is then a standard hotel room. You have a large TV, another desk area and full bath, and you get another mini-fridge on that side as well which is nice. Both areas have separate entrances so you can come and go without disturbing people -- in my case I ended up with 1046 (living room) and 1048 (bedroom).

The hotel offers a shuttle from IAD, but only runs every 30 minutes, so if you have an early flight it's definitely worth keeping an eye on the clock or sourcing your own way. On the way in you just head out to the hotel shuttle area (2H) outside of the terminal and wait for the shuttle.

Overall the area is very nice and there's even a Panera bread downstairs in the lobby area. There are tons of food options within walking distance as well.

I did not use the parking garage nor the swimming pool / fitness center, so I can't comment on that.

There is a Regency Club on the 15th floor, and of course you'll get access to as a Diamond or if you book a Club room on the same floor. The elevator button itself for 15 doesn't work and you have to use your room key instead just to get on the floor, and again to enter.

The club itself is not super large but it's certainly big enough, and was never crowded. They had a decent spread for breakfast and through the day, with sodas, waters and yogurts in ample suppy. They had a pretty decent coffee machine that should satisfy everyone's needs as well. The only caveat is that the club closes on the weekends, so while that will net you breakfast at the restaurant and some points, it means that as early as Friday afternoon it's closed off and you won't have access to the goodies until Monday.

It's not a bad hotel in the least, and I will definitely consider it in the future if I have to have a stay near IAD again.

Newscience and uggboy like this.