Hyatt Regency Paris-Madeleine

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by TUMD, Dec 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just booked 3 night here using Hyatt points for a stay in May and I was wondering what people's experiences had been? I saw a thread from a couple years ago but wanted to know if anyone had a more recent experience or review to share.

We are currently staying 5 nights in Paris in May. So far I have been able to lock down 4 nights using points. Our first is at PH Vendome, nothing booked for the second night and Madeleine for the last 3 nights!

Am I going to be disappointed when going from PH V to Madeleine or are they both good stays? I have no status currently but I am planning to do a status match challenge before the start of the trip as I will be staying in many Hyatts over that month.

Love to hear what everyone thinks!

uggboy likes this.
  2. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Haven't stayed, but planning on trying out a couple of the French properties in September next year. Would be very curious to see some feedback from your May stay.

The Vendome is a very nice property, but upgrades can be tough on points stays.

uggboy and TUMD like this.
  3. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Vendome is a superb property, especially with the Diamond breakfast included. We stayed once for 7 nights and once for two, courtesy of the Late, Lamented Faster Free Nights. That said, we spent a delightful 5 nights at Madeleine. It's got a more boutique-y feel, and the rooms can be small if you are not lucky, but it has a great lobby and a fabulous breakfast. As the smallest Hyatt, it can feel like you know the staff and they you. We would gladly return tomorrow. (And again next week.)

uggboy and TUMD like this.
  4. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the input! I will be sure to report my experience when we stay there in May!

uggboy likes this.
  5. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wanted to report back after my stay at this great property. When we arrived at Hyatt Paris Madeleine we had just stayed 3 night at the PH Vendome at which we had an AMAZING stay and hated to leave. However, I was very pleased when we arrived here.

Now my experience will be different from others because of the circumstances. I am a Diamond member and I e-mailed the property 2 nights before hand telling them of my engagement to my girlfriend that evening.

On our arrival (around 4pm since we had a late checkout at HP Vendome) we were told that we had been upgraded already but if we could wait a little while we would be upgraded to a slightly better room and were also given a certificate for 2 glasses of champagne to celebrate our occasion. We agreed and were seated at a table in the restaurant with a complimentary cappuccino and machiotto. After about 35 min we were taken up to our new room on the 6th floor which we were told was the biggest of that type. Our room ended up being a beautiful Executive King Room.

Great full size windows that open:
    IMG_2045.JPG

The Bathroom: IMG_2046.jpg

Our room is the one with the shades open on the top left:
    IMG_2049.jpg
    View of the Eiffel Tower in the evening:
    IMG_2057.jpg
    We were given a complimentary bottle of wine and 2 bottles of Evian on arrival. These two bottle were placed during each turn down service. Breakfast was free as a Diamond member and was served in the restaurant the first morning (Sunday) and in CafeM and next morning. It is certainly not to the quality of the PH Vendome but I thought it was very good. The buffet included salmon, chicken, ham, fruits, yogurts, and different pastries. You are also able to order eggs, sausage and bacon which I did. As well as hot beverages.

Restaurant:
    IMG_2064.JPG
    CafeM:
    IMG_2089.JPG
    Breakfast:
    IMG_2091.jpg
    Overall we had a very nice stay and were treated well during our stay. It is no PH when it comes to all the details and service but it is will well worth the points and the location is excellent. I would certainly stay here again.

Steven Schwartz and uggboy like this.
  6. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    What a wonderful and generous review. Sadly, as long as I'm Diamond, and as long as I can get the PH on Points and Cash and use my Diamond Suite upgrade, not likely I would stay here. But it certainly does sound like a great option.

7. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I agree that the PH is just on another level but if there is not availability there during your visit it is a great alternative and only a slight downgrade. Especially considering it is 2,500 points and $150 cheaper on points+cash. That being said PH would be the clear winner if all things were equal.