Hyatt Regency Orlando International Review

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by lapointdm, Oct 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

One of the nice benefits of the Hyatt Regency is that it is in the airport. After coming in and arriving at 10:30 pm it is very convenient to walk off the airplane into the airport and go directly to the hotel. The hotel entrance is by elevator and is right in the central atrium area. Many of the rooms have balconies that look out into the area and that is great for people watching.

Another great late night benefit is that their restaurant are still open. We ate at Mccoy's and the food was excellent. The girls and I split a trio of appetizers - hummus (I like hummus and this was an excellent version), thai chicken pops (good kick), and jalapeno filled with cheese and covered in bacon (ok). My husband also ordered blackened grouper which was was excellent( great texture and flavor). They brought out an entire craft of water to pour drinks from (nice touch). A little pricey overall but not horrible. They have other food places as well (the bar did look hopping), and there is an upstairs restaurant that was busy at breakfast.

Our room was on the 9th floor and had 2 double beds and a view of some trees and a parking area. The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms was in good order, and for sleeping we were satisfied. Not the awesomest of rooms but very serviceable.

For those interested in disney they have a relationship with disney for the cruise lines and people checking in there can have their bags brought directly to the ship.

I was pleased that I earned the 1000 points from booking with the mobile app and 5000 from the current promotion which posted within a couple of days.

For convenience it can't be beat coming in from a late flight, or doing a disney cruise. The food is good as well, but I would not consider it a "destination" hotel (as in not worth staying at just to stay at it).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    traveltoomuch, viguera and Garp74 like this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I keep saying that I'm going to stay there and never do. I have to try harder :)

How's the noise level though? Thats always been my main concern... Seems like it would either be very noisy from the airport crowds or from the aircraft.

lapointdm likes this.
  3. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    The room we had was set back away from the main atrium and it was very quiet. You could hear a pin drop quiet. We have stayed there once before with a room that looked out on the atrium but we were so high up and the windows are sealed shut we couldn't here any noise in that room either. I wouldn't let the noise levels keep you from trying it! :)

viguera likes this.
  4. AttorneyVin

AttorneyVin Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stay there quite often, and recently posted a very lengthy review of this property on here. I have never had a problem with noise at all; by far, the quietest airport property that I have ever stayed at.

I echo the comments about the food - the food and services at McCoy's is always amazing!!

viguera likes this.