Hyatt Regency Miami

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by OceanBreezes, Feb 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am going to the Miami Boat Show this week and staying at the Hyatt Regency Downtown for convenience. I have read that it is dated and not stellar, but was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently. How is the Regency Club? I am Diamond on a low carb diet and struggle with pure continental breakfasts. Does anyone know if Diamond breakfast is allowed in the restaurant? Or, if there are hot items available in the RC?

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Miami a couple of yrs ago as a Diamond. At the time the club lounge was very small. Can't remember any specifics about the food, but normally the clubs at Haytts are pretty good. They did extend a breakfast voucher to me for the restaurant which was very good. If your diet is limited you should do fine there. Pleanty of fruits, yougurts and protiens. I do remember my room being a bit odd, in that all the floors were marble. They did upgrade me to some sort of jr.suite with a seperate sitting area and the layout of the bathroom was a bit odd as well. But overall I had a wonderful stay at the property and the Haytt service was excellent as always!

OceanBreezes likes this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm currently in this hotel and I'm completely unimpressed. It's easily the most "meh" Hyatt property that I've stayed in recently. By far.

The club is nothing of the sort. It's basically an open corner of the 23rd floor off the elevator lobby. Literally, there is no door, and you can see the hallway that leads to the other rooms on the floor from the desk that serves as a reception. You do need a key to activate the floor on the elevator, which I guess is how they manage access. The "funny" part is that they make you sign in when you arrive... Time, number of guests, name and room number. Why they do this I'm not sure.

The whole area is maybe half a dozen tables with a few chairs, and a counter with assorted dishes. There are a couple of refrigerators with drinks and a coffee machine in the corner. Mind you though, the club closes at 8pm, so if you make your way there afterwards all the refrigerators are locked and the lights are off, so it's not like you can even get a can of soda if you feel like it.

Valet is $38, which I suppose is cheap for Miami. The restaurants do have good food but their schedules are funky, so you might have to sit at the main restaurant during happy hour if you get there between lunch and dinner.

We asked for some comforters for our toddler and they brought up a blanket with a huge hole in it. I have no idea what that was all about. We also requested turndown service and didn't receive it, and the elevators are a joke with huge lines of people waiting in the lobby, even though there's six of them at least.

Definitely memorable, but for the wrong reasons. I certainly wouldn't stay here again.

4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I heard bad things about this property which is why I went to the Conrad instead. I guess it was a good decision on my part...

flyingdawg likes this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, it's not a bad hotel... It's in the middle of downtown which is both good for accessibility and bad because of traffic. The suite I booked was big enough, with a separate work area and a pull out couch.

It just seems like everything is dated... The carpet, the brown wallpaper on the hallways, the Regency Club itself, which seems like it was put there impromptu while they were building the "real" club that never came, etc.

Jimgotkp and flyingdawg like this.