Hyatt Regency Mainz - Review

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by FriendlySkies, Feb 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll be at the Hyatt this weekend, so this thread is a place holder for my report..

Stay tuned for pictures. Hopefully the apples have been replaced by a decent Diamond Amenity :p

2. rdrushal
    Original Member

rdrushal Active Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I spent an evening at the Mainz HR last summer. It was a dreary rainy stay, but the staff were excellent to a couple of tired travelers. The valet service was timely and they provided complementary umbrellas in the car without being asked.

Enjoy!

FriendlySkies likes this.
  3. peter42
    Original Member

peter42 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Hyatt Mainz is nice - but the city view rooms are really small. The views from the RC and the bellpeper are nice.

In summer the outside BBQ is great.

4. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed there for two nights about a week ago. Got upgraded to a nice suite, room 301. RC was decent and the staff is amazing. There is a italian (pizza you have to try) place I have to remember to put in this thread in the future that is awesome.

5. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Some photos from my stay in March. Sorry for the delay!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I was assigned room 629, which, for my short stay, was large enough. The bed was extremely comfortable, making it harder for me to get up the next morning (at 4:30 :rolleyes:). The shower/bath combo was amazing. A rain shower faucet was installed, which really felt great. The bathroom was fairly large, which was nice.. Many hotels have tiny bathrooms, but this was a welcome sight.

While I did not get photos of the Regency Club, I enjoyed my time there. The room was close by, so I could pick up food and then go back to the room to eat. The matron in the RC was very friendly, and we chatted for 10+ minutes. He offered me a number of drinks, free of charge.

lwkatya, tom911 and cennas like this.
  6. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

View from the room (629)

[​IMG]

The hotel staff are outstanding. I had an early flight back to ORD, so the hotel arranged a cab for me, and had it all squared away for my early departure. When I came downstairs, the front desk clerk who checked me in the day before, had my bill, etc, all ready to go, and thanked me for stopping by.

I'll definitely be returning to this property, next time I come to Germany.

lwkatya, tom911 and cennas like this.
  7. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Guess the apples remained as the Diamond Amenity :p

lwkatya and FriendlySkies like this.
  8. Ready2board

Ready2board Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had a stay here last week. I liked the beautiful Spa (finally a pool with hot water) including the underfloor heating.
    At check-in we were not really informed about our benefits as being a Diamond. The lady walked us to the room.
    We did had some issues with the keys. But it was sorted quickly and all staff was very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast we used in the main restaurant, it was great. We paid around €105 for a night which was a fair deal. Parking was an additional €20 a day.
    Would return for sure!