Hyatt Regency Irvine

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by tigerwong, Apr 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tigerwong
    Original Member

tigerwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had another great stay at the Hyatt Regency Irvine this past weekend. I applied the last of my 2010 suite upgrade certs and was bumped up to a top floor suite (condo-like vs. Junior which is two adjoining rooms). I was checked in by a trainee who was not totally versed on all the Diamond perks, but someone was looking over his shoulder to make sure I was taken care of. The lounge was closed for the weekend and I was given free breakfast buffets and 2,500 points. Fairly standard hot/cold buffet, but would note that there was an omelet bar which is always appreciated. Ordering off menu is an option with a max charge of $19 per person. I was not charged for parking which was expected to be $15/night.

The room, overlooking the pool area, was spacious and relatively modern with the exception of the tube TV. There were two bathrooms, a mini fridge and a coffee maker which appeared to use unground coffee beans. My minor gripes would be spotty wifi, only one robe in the closet despite 2 person reservation and the limited drawer space. I would also caution that all of my weekend stays seem to coincide with some conference / competition so if you prefer less "action," this might be cause to consider alternate arrangements. Overall a great stay and my preferred hotel when staying in Orange County area.

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  2. mersk862
    Original Member

mersk862 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad to here you can get a $19 max charge on the menu now - the buffet has always been meh in my book, and I'd rather have a hot entree. In the past that wasn't possible.

This past winter was nice to stay there - often $90 and getting me the 1W, DN and G2 bonuses...was an easy 6000 points for next to nothing.

uggboy and tigerwong like this.
  3. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just a heads up for those who are doing mattress run in the OC to qualify/re-qualify for status, or if you are just home for the holidays, I am getting $79/night on many weekday/weekend nights ... a great rate! :)
    [​IMG]

4. thesterlingtraveler

thesterlingtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like there are $79 weekend rates again. I might even do a mattress run with the promo this quarter. If anyone does, feel free to let me know.

5. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Starting when? The best rate I can find is the $116/night prepaid rate!

uggboy likes this.
  6. thesterlingtraveler

Status Points:
    March 29th

7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Found it ... awesome! Thanks! :)

uggboy and thesterlingtraveler like this.
  8. thesterlingtraveler

Status Points:
    No problem. I booked a room for myself that night but I'm not sure if I'm going to cancel it or not.

9. folex386

folex386 Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's a good BRG opportunity this weekend. $89.10 on hyatt, can be found for less on other sites.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  10. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    thesterlingtraveler and folex386 like this.
  11. folex386

folex386 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yup... if you try and make a reservation you get this:
    • Please be advised that Hyatt’s management of the Hyatt Regency Irvine will cease on or about November 30, 2013. The hotel will no longer be a Hyatt managed or Hyatt-branded property. Hyatt will continue to accept reservations for future stays until such time. The new manager will honor existing reservations for dates after on or about November 29, 2013. Hyatt Gold Passport members for arrivals on or about November 30, 2013 and beyond will not be eligible to redeem Gold Passport free nights, or receive program benefits, including Hyatt Gold Passport points and stay credits.

12. thesterlingtraveler

Status Points:
    Kalboz likes this.
  13. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just checked in today. I assume they're planning a massive renno after the changeover. Either that or they just don't care. Because it's looking more than a little run-down.

Sent from a place using a fruit thing.

Kalboz likes this.