Hyatt Regency Hangzhou Review

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by OceanTrotter3, Sep 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. OceanTrotter3

OceanTrotter3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wanted to start off by thanking everyone who answered my questions leading up to the stay! :)

Having lived in the city, I had always wanted to try out Hyatt Regency Hangzhou. So when I returned a few weeks ago, I gave it a try.

While the city boast some other high-end hotels like Shangri-la, Four Seasons, and JW Marriott, the Hyatt Regency probably has the most prime and accessible location. The property sits right across from the West Lake, and back sitting on a range of shops and restaurants.

Wanting to maximize my experience, I applied a DSU to the stay. I was booked into a corner unit Regency Suite facing the lake.

I'd elected red wine for the amenity, which was brought up while I was out. Some other snacks, and chocolates were also laid out alongside.

Room
    The room which is listed as 57 sq meters, opens up to the "living room", with a walking closet to the side. Rather than a suite, the unit is designed more like a studio. Instead of two separate rooms, the bedroom is separated by a divider leaving a few inches towards the top.

At the corner of the unit is the washroom, with the toilet in a separate room. There is a bath, and a shower. It was interesting when guest service came knocking to present a few pedals of an orchid for the bath.

[​IMG]
    Entry Way

[​IMG]
    "Living Room"

[​IMG]
    Bathroom

[​IMG]
    Walk-in Closet

[​IMG]
    Rain-forest Shower

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    Kalboz likes this.
  2. OceanTrotter3

OceanTrotter3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Continued pictures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    View of West Lake from room

[​IMG]
    Amenity Kit: Red wine

Breakfast
    Breakfast was included with the stay, with the option of dining in the Regency Club or the buffett on the first floor. I had alternate breakfast on both mornings to try out the two options.

The Regency Club has a smaller selection, but you could order daily specials like dumplings or porridge to go with the fruits and pastries.

The cafe on the first floor is a full-out buffet, with both Western and Asian options. It's a very sumptuous set of selections.

Gym & Pool
    The gym & pool feels rather dated. The gym is a small room with the equipments cramped together. And I don't know if this is the standard in Hyatt hotels, but as I was the only one using the gym, a person from the hotel came in to keep an eye out. I'm guessing in case I needed help with the equipments.

Overall
    The stay was comfortable, and the service provided was excellent. I really enjoy spending time in the Regency Club during its afternoon tea hours. It was never really crowded, which makes it a good alternative to lounge and get some work done.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    Thomask and Kalboz like this.