Hyatt Regency Dushanbe

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by esrfalco, Jan 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. esrfalco

esrfalco Active Member

Since April 2011, I have stayed 36 nights on four separate occasions in the Hyatt Regency Dushanbe.
    Architecturally bold, it has a European feel. The spa and ballrooms make it a destination for visitors who are not necessarily hotel guests. The Hyatt has hired and trained an excellent staff. Everyone I have ever encountered, at whatever job station, has always made a personal effort to provide excellent service. The Hyatt has modern rooms, with Western-style amenities and standards (to include European/US toilets). Accept my warning about the rainforest shower, however -- most people get a spash of cold water the first time they use it, so make sure to stand back away.

European style, amenities, and service also mean European prices. By the standards of Paris, London, and New York, the rates and meal prices won't surprise. By Central Asian, particularly Tajikistani, standards, the place is exorbitant. The rooms start at around $250/night, with options for the Club floor, two kinds of suites, and even a huge Presidential Suite. You can't go wrong in the restaurant. I've never had a bad meal there. I highly recommend the breakfast buffet.

Quick points:
    • Majority of staff speak English
    • Excellent spa, with many options for relaxation or personal grooming
    • High quality restaurant, with Western dishes and standards
    • On-site ballroom, meeting rooms, business center
    • Several on-site ATMs, and a currency exchange desk
    • Higher floors have excellent views of either the lake, or the mountains
    • Large enough that you can always get a room
    A few less-than-positive points:
    • A bit isolated -- few places within walking distance
    • Full of Europeans and Americans -- it hardly feels like you're in a foreign country
    • Because of the above two points, taxi drivers charge you double
    sendaiben likes this.