Hyatt Regency DFW

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by roadwarrior365, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Hyatt Regency DFW is located directly across from Terminal C at DFW and provides shuttle services from all Terminal or you could walk across the parking garage from Terminal C. Also the hotel offers free parking if you are on the grounds of the airport for less then 12 hours.

I have stayed here four times since last November and always was upgrade to Suite 1330, which is a VIP according to the hotels website. This stay wasn't gonna be any different Linda checked us in offered the Diamond Amenity and gave us a card with a password for the internet. At this hotel the internet isn't provided by T-Mobile. We got offered that they would walk us up to the suite, which we declined.

Upon entering the room you will find a powder room to the right. The living room has a TV cabinet with a bose sound system and plenty of sitting space in case you host a little get together. There is also a dining room that has the coolest lighting fixture I have ever seen made out of glass. Also the wet-bar features a double sink, double door refrigurator, coffee maker, and a nespresso machine. On my last two stays I found the fridge stocked with my favorite softdrinks and waters. The bedroom has a kingbed, ottoman, and a huge closet my girlfriend said. Attached to the bedroom is the masterbath with has a seperate shower and overized bathtub. All the amenites are Portico Quince and Bergamont and the lines and towel are Frette.

After we returned to the hotel in the evening there was a plate of chocolate covered strawberrys and a bottle of champagne waiting for us. Along with a note from the GM welcoming us back to the property. We decided to have room service in the morning and ordered it for 9am and it was delivered on the spot at 9:00am. Breakfast was good and I expected to pay for it, but was informed on check out they would cover it even though it was room service. The hotel has an infinty edge pool which is very nice in the summer. Overall this is a very good hotel and it certainly helps having the GH across the street in keeping the service levels very high for a domestic Regency. Below you can find come pictures of the suite I took last year. Everything still looks the same.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

All the pictures of the Suite.

2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I just completed a one-night stay here, in the Presidential suite. What a great room! It was the only room I've ever stayed in that had it's own in-room sauna.

There's a full wet bar with an ice machine and a very comfortable living room area. The grand piano is a bit much, but makes a nice centerpiece. Upstairs, the bedroom is a platform bed. Normally, I don't like the feel of a platform bed, but it was very comfortable. The bathroom was all black marble, with a jacuzzi tub. There was a complete separate room set up as an office, with computer, printer, couch and another full bathroom.

While I didn't spend any time in the restaurant, the lobby looked very inviting. Obviously, this property is a very easy walk to/from the C terminal at DFW.

techgirl and uggboy like this.
  3. SmooveG

SmooveG Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks nice, I'll put in on my list then. thnks.

uggboy likes this.
  4. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    What did you book to get that upgrade?

uggboy likes this.
  5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Must have been a slow night. I used a confirmed suite upgrade.

uggboy and TheBeerHunter like this.
  6. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definitely a slow night I was given the same suite about 3 weeks ago without using a cert. The front desk said that it was the only upgrade available since they were installing hard wired internet in a majority of the rooms. Don't know why they would install hard wired when they have wireless.

At check-in I was also given 3 envelopes a letter from the GM, a letter from the Sales Manager, a letter explaining all my diamond benefits.

I had Breakfast at Jacobs Spring Grille and the service was awful. After being seating it took over 5 minutes for the waitress to take my order and that was the only time I saw her. When I wanted a refill I had to request it from another waitress or the manager who didn't seem to pleased based on his facial expression. I got up to request my check from the hostess. This whole experience took over 45 minutes and if you have a flight that puts getting there on time in jeopardy. Before checking out I took the time to address this issue with the rooms executive and he assured me that this wouldn't be happening again, but they were already aware of the issue.

uggboy likes this.
  7. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is certainly a decent hotel but Hyatt has been very careful to keep it below the standards of the nearby GH. I've stayed in a suite like the one pictured but thy are definitely nicer next door. Rates are probably higher too, however!

uggboy likes this.
  8. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    The couple of times I compared rates, they were fairly close, with the Grand being less than $50 more a night.

9. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Probably the wrong forum to say this in, but the Hilton at Helsinki Vantaa Airport has personal saunas in the room for some of the higher priced rooms. Overall it was a very nice hotel, too. I stayed at the Hyatt Regency DFW on my way back from PEK last year, but in a standard room. It was comfortable, but a bit run down. Does the job for an airport property. :)

10. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    I noted on the fact sheet that the Hyatt DFW has free parking. Also noted the post where it was noted that the parking was free if less than 12 hours.
    Is the parking specifically for the hotel (i.e., separate from the terminal C parking)?
    I assume that the 12 hour limit does not apply for multiple day stays?
    I am staying 1/6 & 1/7 - hope I would get free parking for the entire time?
    More complicated, I am staying 1/14 then doing a mileage run on 1/15 to BCN and staying again on 1/16 (i.e., missing the night of the 15th). Any idea how this will be treated if I leave my car there the entire time?