Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by kw335, Mar 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Stayed one night at this property to take advantage of the $71.20/night Spring ("SPRFUN") Rate, which includes $20 food & beverage credit, complimentary self parking, and a discount booklet for the Cherry Creek Shopping Mall.

The property is located roughly about 20-minute drive from the airport, and parking is quoted at $10/night with in-and-out privileges.

Check-in was pretty efficient despite the NCAA and other conference crowds in the lobby. There's a sign for Diamond/Platinum priority check-in, but (unfortunately) the desk was not manned. However, my diamond status was quickly recognized and amenities were offered. The agent also informed that charges related to internet access and breakfast will be adjusted at check-out. I was assigned room 941, which is a deluxe king room located at the end of the hallway with huge windows facing the roundabout in front of the hotel. There is no regency club lounge or regency floor at this property.

The room itself is okay- looks exactly as pictured on their website. There were two lounge chairs, a desk, and a wet bar. My only gripe was the bathroom. It is SERIOUSLY TINY. I'm only 5'9" and I was barely able to move my arms in the bathroom. To shut the bathroom door, I had to step into the bath tub, and shut the door from there. I tweeted on my twitter page about this, and to my surprise, the hotel quickly unfollowed and blocked me from following their twitter account :rolleyes: Yeah, pretty unprofessional in my opinion, but whatever.

I visited the bar downstairs that evening, which was jam packed by the NCAA folks. Ordered a buffalo burger, which was decent. Had breakfast at their restaurant the next day. Typical Hyatt fare; I ordered a "Southwestern Egg Benedict" from the menu, which was decent.

At check-out, I was charged for internet, meals from the bar, and breakfast. I reminded the agent about the $20 food and beverage credit, and to my surprise, her reply was: "What is that? I don't know if we offer such thing." I had to show my reservation on my iPad before she agreed to wipe it off my folio. Not apologetic at all, she said: "You know ... they never inform us about stuff like this." Furthermore, she said that the complimentary breakfast for diamond members are capped at $25/room. I told her that I was not informed so at check-in. She eventually comped me the entire breakfast bill (which was $28).

I did not visit the gym, but the pool looked pretty crowded.

Overall, it was an okay stay. I'd only come back if they offered cheap rates such as the spring rate above. The folks, particularly the ones at front desk definitely need some retraining.
    flyingdawg likes this.
  2. HighPlainsDrifter

HighPlainsDrifter Silver Member

This property is closing for renovation at year end and when reopened in early 2013 will have a special offer code RENO1 through February for 2500 GP points per stay that stacks with many published rates including some $98 weekends rates. I almost hate to publicize it anywhere.
  3. hobo13
    Original Member

hobo13 Silver Member

Definitely more than 20 minutes to the airport! 30 at best.