Hyatt Regency Coconut Point- REVIEW

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by roadwarrior365, Aug 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

I stayed here for two nights on a recent trip to Florida. The hotel is located about 30 minutes from downtown Naples. There is a large shopping mall about 5 minutes from hotel were you will also find the Hyatt Place Coconut Point. All the shops you want to find are there and for woman this place is heaven on Earth. The hotel has a total of 3 large pools on site one with a waterslide, but you will also have access to the pools and Lazy River at the Hyatt Vacation Club Coconut Plantation. You will have to get a wristband in lobby for the Plantation Pool and there is a Trolley that will take you over there, if you don’t like to drive. The hotel also has a private island, which we didn’t use this stay, but a boat will take you over there from the hotels marina. Also, the hotel has a Whitewater Spa and several restaurants I can't remember all the names of.

We decided to self-park there are options to park outside or in the garage. I would suggest parking at the far end of the garage and following the signs to the pool. Then there is a small door you need your room key to open it and there will be a bank of elevators that can take you to the guest levels. The main elevator in the parking garage will only take you to the lobby level where you then need to cross the lobby and use the other bank of elevators.

When I got to the front desk there was only one person working that seemed to be bored due the lack of guests. I had booked a Bay Suite since it was only $100 dollars more than a regular room. The FD clerk informed me that our suite wasn’t ready, but he had upgraded us to an Island Suite and that the Regency Club would be closed. 2,500 points were given and a voucher for two appetizer and breakfast coupons. I was also handed a packet explaining all the Resort amenities, a map and schedule for the different shuttles, and an overview of the Diamond Benifits and there I read the following: The hotel only upgrades Diamond to the best available room within category booked.

The suite was on the 12th floor well over 1000 square foot and was a guest room with a parlor. The parlor area had a large seating there was also a Murphy bed there, but you had to move heavy furniture to get it opened. Then there was a dining table with seating for 8 and a wet-bar and also a large fridge hidden behind a corner. Also, there was a full bath as well. As for the guest room it had a large daylight filled bath and another TV with DVD player. I think there were a total of 3 balconies in the suite. Overall a very large and nice suite, but way too much space for the two of us.

Both mornings we had breakfast downstairs in Torchwood, which had an extensive buffet and very attentive service both mornings. I just wish they would have large coffee cups they were the smallest I have ever seen at a hotel.

Overall this was a great stay, but I probably wouldn’t come in the winter when the hotel will be overrun and you will have trouble finding a spot on the pool.

Additional Pictures can be found here

View toward the Hotel from the Pool area
    View from Balcony

Dining Area
    Living Area
    Adult Pool
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Old thread, but I just came back from this property last night so I figured I would post.

I had a 3 night stay here in a Bay Suite and it was actually quite nice. It's one of those bedroom / living room lock-off arrangements where one room is a regular hotel room (2 Queens in my case) and has its own entryway, bathroom, fridge, etc. The other side is a living room with a sleeper sofa, it's own bathroom (nicer shower but no tub), wet bar, fridge and table that sits four.

The hotel has an adult-only pool, and a separate pool with a waterfall and yet another larger one in the rear with zero entry and a rather long water slide (supposedly over 100 feet long). There's also a smaller slide for toddlers, which is good if you're there with small kids. There's a restaurant downstairs that offers pool-friendly fare (chicken tenders, burgers, etc) and drinks that they bring to your chair.

The Regency Club is on the 17th floor and offers a decent selection of fruits, bagels and the usual breakfast meats in the morning, and as with many clubs you can't find anything other than whatever is in the fridge between 10am and 5pm. They usually roll out a few bites around "dinner" time, but don't expect a luxurious spread -- to be honest the Santa Clara property is the only one that has impressed me with their food selection this year.

There's a free trolley service that runs every 20-25 minutes and connects you with the Plantation vacation ownership property, where you have access to their pools and lazy river. The ride only takes a couple of minutes and you can even charge food at the restaurants back to your room, since it's just another Hyatt. The trolley also takes you to the marina (if you don't want to walk) for a ride to the private island if you want to enjoy the beach, but there's no food or beverage service there (only umbrellas and chairs) so you have to bring your own. The boat is also limited to 50 passengers at a time and runs once an hour, so you have to time it properly (and arrange with the front desk), and if you get caught up in one of the infamous Florida rainstorms you might have to wait a long while before they come get you.

My only gripe was the inconsistency in service, especially around the pool area, and I'm guessing this was due to the occupancy being low (school apparently just started so there were very few people there, and the few kids we saw were on holiday from Australia and Germany).

The pools for example are supposed to be open from 8am until 10pm, yet when we arrived (around 5) the towel hut was deserted, the restaurant was closed and the cabanas packed up for the day (they actually only had the cabanas available for one day that we saw). Once in the morning we arrived at the pool around 9:30am and the towel area was littered with wet towels from the night before, and we had to call to have someone actually bring fresh towels to the pool (which they did about 30 minutes later).

We did have an issue with the shower in the living room portion of the room which was leaky and sprayed water everywhere (even the ceiling) and the wet bar water wasn't working (even after making sure the water was open under the sink). This was fixed right away by maintenance once we notified the front desk though, so it's more of an inconvenience than anything else. Although maybe it means some of these rooms see little use though? I don't know.

Overall it was a great stay at a very nice property.
    flyingdawg, uggboy and Jeanne23 like this.
  3. Jeanne23

Jeanne23 Silver Member

Thanks for updating on this! I've been considering a stay here soon so this really helps.
    flyingdawg and uggboy like this.