HYATT REGENCY BUFFALO

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by sophiegirl, Feb 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Although downtown, this hotel is an easy drive from the airport. Good news as I had a later than usual check-in.

Arrive and go to check in. Bad news, they have no parking. None. They have no valet parking. None. I do not think I have ever been to a downtown US Hyatt with no bellman, no parking, and no valet parking. (Is there another one?[​IMG]) I was told I could go down the street to parking garage Blah Blah or Blah Blah Blah. Sorry, I am a completely chicken Carolina girl, have never been here, and am not going to trek down the street from wherever in 0 degree weather. So, as is so often the case with Hyatt - customer service first. Someone appeared, helped with luggage, took the keys, and the car was parked. Gotta Love Hyatt!

Upgraded to a corner king. Nice large room, a little odd though - 2 nice comfy chairs that face the door. Not the TV, not the "view" - the door. Can't quite figure that one out. Wet bar - but no frig or microwave.

Could not get wi-fi to work in the room. Decor is kind of different - browns, taupe, mid blues - slightly contemporary. Restful. Kind of cool lighting too. Bath is tiny....obviously no wall moving during this remodel. Granite counter, faux bamboo flooring and tile. Great lighting and huge mirror. BUT - a little sign that says "to maximize the water temp, you may have to run the water for approximately 7 minutes prior to use. If the water is still not warm enough, please contact ext 56. Seriously? SEVEN minutes....So I am wrapped in a towel waiting for ext 56 to come warm up the water? Too funny. (or not, if it really happens)

Ordered room service. A little slow but correct order and tasty. Friendly service. Fitness center is a large square, well equipped, but no windows. No Club.

Not a bad hotel, but not a personal favorite. Service is good, personnel are friendly and certainly accomodating..which is a plus.

2wheels likes this.
  2. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at this hotel last week. They now have valet parking for $20, or the option to park the car directly across the street (where the valet also parks) for $8. I think it is a city lot.

I can agree that the bathroom is tiny, but I didn't have any issues with the water temperature. I was on the 9th floor, if that makes a difference.

I was also in a corner room, with the chairs facing the door. However, the room was huge, so it didn't matter. You probably could have fit another Queen or King bed in the room without it feeling cramped. Wifi worked fine on the iPad and Computer.

Since there is no club, I went to the lobby for breakfast. There is a restaurant in the atrium, and the food was good. I had an omelette, and the SO had Apple Pancakes. Both were delicious, and the service was top notch.

3. ab3i
    Original Member

ab3i Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed at this Hyatt a while back, I think I opted to self park across the street. We had arrived pretty late (2am) but check-in wasn't a problem and the front desk personnel were helpful (although sleepy :D). I had a huge corner king room as well, same setup as described in this post, although the only thing out of the norm was that there were no toiletries in the bathroom and I had to ask the front desk for it after check-in. Considering that the room was otherwise clean and huge, I was fairly happy with my stay there :)

4. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here are the parking options: http://buffalo.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/services/parking/index.jsp

Parking

Guests may park at the Augsperger Parking Ramp, located adjacent to the hotel across the street, or the open lot located directly across the street.

Valet Parking
    We also offer overnight valet parking for $20 a day, which includes guest in and out priveleges.

5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Stayed at this property last week. It was pretty booked with a lot of families with children. Was offered a suite upgrade, but it was a smoking one and did decline. Got a very nice room, looked like a Junior suite on one of the top floors. Valet was $20 and was able to get my car in under 5 minutes whenever I needed. Tried to use the swimming pool, but it is extremely tiny and was packed with children and their parents. Felt like I was at a city pool. Diamond breakfast was nice and gratuities were included. Overall did enjoy my stay.