Hyatt Regency Bonaventure - REVIEW

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by roadwarrior365, Jun 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had 3 wonderful stays at this property so far this year. The hotel is located about 20 minutes from FLL in a residential area in Weston and about 4 miles away from Sawgrass Mall. It has a total of nine buildings, three pools, and two restaurants.There are no restaurants or shops close to the hotel and require at least a 5 minute drive, but there is a golf course right next to the hotel in case you wanna play a round.

All 3 stays I was upgraded to a One Bedroom Suite, which is the standard upgrade for Diamonds at the property. Also, at check-in I was always handed a card thanking me for my loyalty personally signed by the General Manager.

The suite has a kitchenette right when you enter and a half bath off to the site. Then there is a large parlor with dining table and a sofa, which can be converted into a bed. The master suite has a large bath attached featuring a seperate walk-in shower, tub, and a BD. I believe all suites have a balcony or porch.

Breakfast at the property will be offered at the Banyan Tree Restaurant. The food was great, but service ranged from very slow to great depending on the server. One night we had dinner in the restaurant since they have reasonable prices and there are no other restaurants near by. Ireland Steakhouse is their specialty steakhouse and offeres great food.

There are two private pools and then there is the large main pool that has a large waterfall. All three pool have towels available, but there is only a pool bar at the main pool. The hotel has also an Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa.

The property is in the middle of nowhere,but their great staff makes up for that. They take a genuine interest including the GM that you're stay is perfect. This is one of my favorite Regency's even its far away from the beach. The rest of the photos can be found here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

uggboy, RichardInSF, karung99 and 2 others like this.
  2. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great review, I stayed here last April and love the property.
    It is 20 mins away to Port Everglades FLL and 40 mins away from MIA. I will go back to this property for cruise out of FLL.

uggboy likes this.
  3. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'll be staying there ins a few weeks, any way one can drum up some status with Hyatt quickly?

uggboy likes this.
  4. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    Easiest way is to get the MP premium for plat or pick up the Hyatt CC. These will both get you platinum status.

uggboy likes this.
  5. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Is that MileagePlus platinum card?

uggboy likes this.
  6. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry wasn't clear :( I meant MilePoint premium membership which gives free Hyatt Platinum status until 2014 as a benefit. Looks like it's sold out, though, so the Chase Hyatt card or the MileagePlus card might be your only options so far.

uggboy likes this.
  7. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    yeah, I would have probably done that if it wasn't for the info that is could take 6-8 weeks for status to show up. If they could have cleared me in two weeks I'd have done it.