Hyatt Regency Bellevue On Seattle's Eastside

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by kw335, Apr 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had the chance to stay a night at this property this past weekend. Located just across the bay from downtown Seattle, my GPS shows a 13-minute drive from downtown Seattle but it was probably closer to 20 minutes given traffic downtown and on the bridge.

There are two towers, one of which was just recently opened in 2009 (or so the FD said). Adjacent building is an office building, and shares the underground parking garage with the hotel. Parking is complimentary on the weekend, which is a nice deal considering Olive 8 and GH Seattle charge ~$30 per day. Lobby was nice but rather simplistic. I was directed to use the machine to check-in, with an agent standing next to me (and gave a rather "surprised" face when I typed in my GP number as if it was tattooed on my forehead ;)). When I asked for an upgrade to a regency club floor, he was puzzled and directed me to check-in with a front desk agent instead. I was then assigned room 2048, located on the top floor of the Olympic (new) tower. The interesting part was that FD offered me a "G2" bonus. I mentioned that I thought G bonuses were gone as of March. She then assured me that "we have a property-specific G2 bonus, 2000 points for you that I'm going to throw in there along with the diamond amenity bonus." This never posted, and when I asked diamond line, they said that the FD was wrong and G bonuses have been expired for a couple of months now :rolleyes:

The room itself is very nice and has a "new" feeling to it. Bathroom is quite spacious and stocked with the usual white ginger Portico products. I tried to take a nap in the late afternoon after a long flight, but was unable to do so since the curtain was not wide enough to cover the windows, and the windows are facing west thus I had plentiful of sunlight in the room.

The regency club is probably one of the largest I've seen systemwide. Hors d'oeuvres include chicken satay, crostini with hummus or tapenade, veggies with dip, mini turkey sandwiches and PB&J and different type of peanuts. They have an honor bar with quite nice variety of spirits. Pretty abysmal wine offerings from Canvas, uncorked and I couldn't find any corkscrew anywhere. Breakfast spreads include bagels, croissants, white and wheat bread, cereal, oatmeal, boiled eggs, smoked salmon, prosciutto and salami.

Didn't get a chance to check out the gym or the pool, but I overheard the lounge attendant mentioned that the pool is under renovation and is closed for a couple of weeks.

Overall it was a nice stay and the rate was almost $100 cheaper than Olive 8 and GH Seattle. Will definitely come back.

OceanBreezes and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the great review, sounds a good deal when in Seattle // area. The Lounge sounds superb indeed but the check-in process and the curtains in the rooms could be improved!;)

3. sealiz
    Original Member

sealiz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have stayed at this property at least 60 different times and the check-in has always been amazing (Alexis is one of the best in the country imo). As far as the curtains - you just need to ask - they have clips for the curtains (I've never had this problem though.

OceanBreezes likes this.
  4. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The amount of sunlight was minimal, but good advice for light sleepers out there! :)

uggboy likes this.
  5. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just checked in for the night. I've stayed here seversl times after my first post- and the free parking on weekend is nice as opposed to paying 30+ at GH Seattle or Olive 8. Was upgraded (unsolicited) to the Executive Suite in the Olympic tower. Basically a junior suite with a living area and a bedroom separated by a door. The amenity is the usual portico white ginger, but the linens are different. They're brown instead of the usual 'hotel white'.

uggboy likes this.
  6. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    What are chances of an upgrade to executive suite on a 3-night midweek stay, without using a confirmed suite upgrade? Can't imagine I'd was to use one of those here, I'm traveling on my own (speaking at a conference held here), plus the difference in room rate is only $75 above the base room type. Looks like the hotel has lots of suites, > 50, but imagine it's something that wouldn't be done automatically but would require asking?

Re the honor bar in the lounge, what's the expected price point? And breakfast... glad to see smoked salmon, etc., .. decent coffee and OJ?

7. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    gleff,

Can never hurt to ask. Though the size of the executive suite isn't much bigger than the regular king/double- totally not worth usimg a confirmed suite upgrade. This was my first time getting upgraded after ~6 stays over the past 3 months, and the FD person who checked me in was also nice enough to ask: "which tower do you prefer?" - I'd go with the olympic tower as it is newer and quieter.

Prices for the honor bar are: $4 beer (Corona/Heineken/Bud), $4 wine (just canvas), and $5 cocktails. Coffee is okay; they have the new Seattle Coffee machine like the one in the HR Waikiki lounge.

8. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Lounge: friendly staff, breakfast had fruit, yogurt, pastries, meats, smoked salmon, hard boiled eggs, and a hot dish that I really couldn't identify with certainty. Evening had decent variety, substantive, dessert was weak I thought (at least unappetizing to me, I burnt out on cheesecake years ago when it was the United standard dessert).

Room: first one assigned to me in Olympic tower had a nice view but a musty odor, I asked to change rooms and - being completely full - put me in a massive suite on a third floor with no view.

Portico white ginger but brown towels, brown bathrobes, which was apparently standard on that floor but many rooms were the usual white.

Wireless internet was slow slow slow and glitchy.

Two convenient bright spots were Din Tai Fung for dumplings across the walkway in the mall (above the Maggiano's) and decent enough for what it is, ViaVite Cafe & Wine Bar across the street from the bus entrance on the first floor.

9. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The towels you are referring to I assume are Frette and are usally found in the higher level suites at domestic hotels.