Hyatt Regency Austin - REVIEW

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by roadwarrior365, Mar 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed here for two nights earlier in the year and was given corner room overlooking the river. The room was your typical Hyatt room and had been recently renovated.The hotel is located across the river from downtown Austin and most of downtown is walkable from the hotel. Overall I had nice stay and would return if the Four Seasons was sold out again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:

Thanks for sharing on MP incl. your stunning photos!:)

perryplatypus likes this.
  3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to be in Austin in October and FS is sold out, was looking at this property as an option, however got an excellent deal at Hilton.

uggboy likes this.
  4. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed at this property a couple times over the past year. My most recent visit was quite disappointing. Upon arrival at around midnight, the front desk was unable to find my reservation. Looked up anywhere, still nada. I pulled my confirmation email and the Hyatt app on iPhone, still couldn't find my reservation.

Finally the FD said they would make a new reservation as a "walk-in" and gave me a regular room with a patio on the 3rd floor. Interestingly enough, they were able to pull the same corp rate as the original reservation. Not sure how.

Breakfast was mediocre at best. The only great things about this hotel are its location, and its walking trail by the lake. The rest of it are not reflective of the Hyatt Regency standards.

perryplatypus likes this.
  5. wombat18
    Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Despite a new parking garage and a new Starbucks in the foyer, this hotel still feels a little tired.

Also, be aware there is no Regency lounge here and the bar/lounge is a popular and noisy hangout for locals.

danielwood likes this.