Hyatt Regency Atlanta

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by roadwarrior365, Jun 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This hotel is located downtown and there is a mall within walking distance that has several restaurants. In case you're in Atlanta to play tourist the World of Coca Cola and the Georgia Aquarium are just down the street. The hotel has a total of 3 guest towers the Atrium, Radius, and International. They are currently renovating the Atrium Tower, which should be completed by year's end. The Radius and International Tower have already been renovated. Also, the main restaurant has been relocated to a smaller space and the Regency Club is closed during the renovations, but you will get the 2,500 bonus points.

Another important thing to remember is that they charge $30 for valet parking and $15 for selfpark. The valet parking can be done throught the main entrance of the hotel or the motorlobby that is located at the back of the hotel.

I arrived at around 11am and my room wasn't ready due to a convention going on, but the FD agent informed me I had been upgraded to a Crown Suite(Corner Suite) in the Atrium Tower, which later would turn out to be a mistake. The agent gave me a call just before 3pm that my suite would be ready. Upon entering the suite I was like this space is nice, but looks like a rooms from the 90s CRT TV's. The space was a suite connector with a parlor and seperate bedroom both room had a large balcony overlooking Atlanta. Later in the evening I decided to take a shower and upon opening the bathroom door two ceiling panels came down. So I call down about a room change the person on the phone tell me they have no suites available, but she found me a newly renovated corner room in the International tower.

The International Tower is the complete opposite of the Atrium Tower everything looks brand new. The room was very nice and had all the features you would expect of a modern hotel room. I will let the photos speak for themself.

The restaurant has been closed due to the renovation so the breakfast buffet was offered in a small restaurant on the mezzanine level. Due to the space limitation the buffet was quite limited no made to order items.

After the renovation will be completed this hotel will look great, but also will have great staff. Every employee I encountered during my stay was friendly and ready to help. Additional Photos

Atrium Tower
    [​IMG]
    Suite Parlor
    [​IMG]
    Suite Bedroom with work area
    [​IMG]
    International Tower Corner Room
    [​IMG]
    Atrium
    [​IMG]

2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the review!

flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  3. al613
    Original Member

al613 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great info! Thanks!

4. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed here for 5 nights last week. RC was closed, but breakfast was decent downstairs. I had the same suite in the pics, but used a cert. The hotel was packed. It's a decent property, but not my favorite. Rooms need a touch up, which is going on now. Also, the wifi signal could be a bit better. No 2500 points given to me, my private line rep said, since they provided me with breakfast downstairs, no go.

5. flyer_o

flyer_o Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another reference point from a Hyatt diamond.

I stayed at the HR Atlanta last month (checked in on the same Friday as the Capella University conference)

No suite upgrade, but did receive a room in the renovated tower. 1W amenity posted, but not the DN points for the closed lounge. No offer of breakfast either.

All in all, this is an easily accessible, yet dated property that will benefit from the current remodel.

flyingdawg, travelinmike33 and uggboy like this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

7. flyer_o

flyer_o Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why thanks. Reminds me of nearly 8 years ago when I received a similar warm welcome to a friendly frequent traveller community. :)

flyingdawg, uggboy and MSPeconomist like this.
  8. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone give me anything updated on this venue? Curious is everything open atrium, i have a terrible fear of heights and hate hotels that are open atrium only. Possibly is there any rooms in other parts that are enclosed?

uggboy and flyingdawg like this.
  9. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe it is only the atrium tower which is an atrium- I don't remember any exposed/open heights in the International Tower. Why not phone the hotel directly and ask for a room which is not in the atrium area (explain why so they can block a room for you in their system)?

10. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Alright so just had my stay this last weekend.
    Checked in about 10pm, lots going on so I figured little chance of upgrade, I was right. I was put on the 22nd floor (RC Floor in the main atrium tower), rode the elevator, up and went down. Was way too high for me haha.
    I got put in a corner room of the international tower on the 6th floor. All would have been good but there was a giant crane working in the morning combined with traffic noise. I went down and got put up on the 19th of international tower.
    I am curious what the radius tower is about since its even keyed to enter or just that way since its right by the peachtree skywalk.
    Everyone I encountered was friendly, I had a dinner at Sway which the mac and cheese was excellent, a little pricy but still reasonable for hotel food pricing and the quality. Breakfast was given down there for lack of RC being open on the weekend. Good assortment of food with an omelet station.
    Biggest complaint was AC didn't work well had set at 70 and it didn't go that low. Although they did hit all time record temp of 106 when I was there so that might have been working against it but the unit didn't run constantly so possibly the sensor was bad. DN didn't post for no lounge.
    I am not sure but i dont think my dinner posted to my bill, possibly due to room switch? I sure it will popup when the real charge goes through.

11. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like Polaris may reopen, perhaps as soon as the end of the year. Polaris is the revolving blue, domed restarurant atop the atrium tower. Polaris closed in 2004. When it reopens it will not be a full service restarurant.

uggboy and traveltoomuch like this.
  12. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just concluded a one night stay -- 111ai -- got a nice king room w view -- the club lounge was really good -- great evening spread -- and had a comped buffet breakfast at Sway.

The MARTA RT from ATL is $6 and lets you out half a block from hotel.

Would definitely stay again...

OceanBreezes, uggboy and flyingdawg like this.
  13. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Polaris is scheduled to reopen June 10, 2014.

uggboy likes this.
  14. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points: