Hyatt points + cash

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by TUMD, Apr 28, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am looking to book a room with this method and I was wondering if your credit card (cash) is charged right away or only upon staying as with other hotel stays?

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    They only charge your card at check-in. Might be a bit different for those C+P bookings that have a very strict cancellation policy, which is dependent on the hotel.

3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can always put the wrong expiration year on your CC info and spin their system.

4. konoyaro

konoyaro Silver Member

Status Points:
    I recently made booking using points and cash. It was like any other reservation in that the credit card was used to guarantee the reservation but no charge was made. The cancellation is the same as if booking directly with the property using a standard rate. In my case: "CANCEL BY 3PM LOCAL TIME 24 HOURS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL"

TUMD and blackjack-21 like this.
  5. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    same experience with me, C+P reservation but credit card was used only to guarantee the room..

TUMD likes this.
  6. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Calling almost every day to try to change a reservation at the Hyatt in Cannes to a Points and Cash in Nice for next month. Points rooms available but not Points/Cash. Wish they had a calendar like Starwood - much easier.

TUMD likes this.
  7. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    it's capacity controlled at Hyatt so far for C+P i guess as it's new...i reckon you booked the My Elite Rates ?

8. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's why I was looking into this now for my trip to Hawaii in Oct. I just didn't want to have it charged to my credit card this far ahead of time but it seems like it would be like any other reservation which is perfect.

Does any one have strong feeling between the 2 Hyatts in Honolulu? Regency I assume is nicer but Place has cheaper parking and I couldn't find anything about a resort fee there. Trying to figure out if it is worth the extra points to go with Regency.

9. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    i think it depends if you have status. My sister stayed at both with no status and they preferred place because they got food and nothing at regency.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

TUMD likes this.
  10. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are you calling GP or the property?

11. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Status Points:
    GP. E-mailed property and they were nice but not helpful.

12. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    could the property tell you if there are rooms for C+P available ?

13. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Status Points:
    If rooms are available on C+P, Gold Passport and Hyatt knows it. If they're not, they apparently don't do anything proactively to change it - at least for this Diamond. Hey, we're only consumers. To me, it seems that they would make out better by getting the money from Hyatt and the money from me, but I'm not their CFO. But I'll keep trying until I board the flight!

14. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be Diamond when going there.

15. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    my understanding was that C+P rooms may be visible only to the hotel as i thought it was capacity-controlled and not available online, having said that, i agree with you that the hotel should have just made known whether or not if C+P rooms is available.

still, don't let that spoil yr trip, have a great one !

16. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Terry. We booked into Cannes for three nights back when I was able to get it for Hyatt certificates. Sadly, they are pretty much history. And you're right - I would NEVER allow it to spoil my trip. We go from there to the new Renaisance in Aix en Provence and then suites at the Park Hyatt Paris Vendome and the Grand Hyatt Berlin. Wish we were leaving tomorrow!

brucewil likes this.