Hyatt Platinum Status Benefit for Attendees Q&A

Discussion in 'Washington D.C. | Dec 5-7, 2014 [normal/advanced]' started by gleff, Oct 1, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Folks that purchase tickets for FTU in DC this December can receive Hyatt Platinum status on request.

How long will status be valid?

Hyatt Platinum status through this offer will be valid through 2/2016

How long will it take for my account to update to Platinum?

Expect 4-6 weeks.

Do I have to wait for the event to get my Platinum status?

Nope. Once you've purchased tickets you can request Platinum status -- that way, if you buy your tickets early enough, you can even benefit from the status while staying at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City for the event.

How do I request Platinum status?

Send your request for Platinum status, along with your full name and Gold Passport number, to Melinda@ftef.net

That's Firefly and she will verify that you have registered and paid for FTU, and she plans to forward a list of folks to Gold Passport once each week.

What if I transfer a ticket from someone else who purchased it, will I still get Hyatt Platinum?

Unfortunately, no. Platinum status is available to whomever first purchases the ticket. And since there's no need to wait to request the status, it can't be made available to anyone who has that ticket later. The process to track which ticket has claimed a status and which one hasn't would be cumbersome, and misunderstandings could easily ensue if someone thought they were obtaining a ticket that entitled them to status but that status had already been claimed. We're going to have to keep it simple, and limit the benefit only to those who first purchase the ticket directly.

You can purchase your ticket to the FTU in DC here: http://ftuniversity.wpengine.com/events/ftu-washington-dc/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone needing a ticket to the already sold out Advanced FTU please send me a pm as I am unable to attend.

3. cmwood

cmwood Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is anything in like this in the works for FTU Advanced in San Diego, which is also at a Hyatt?

4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

What if I transfer a ticket from someone else who purchased it, will I still get Hyatt Platinum?

Unfortunately, no. Platinum status is available to whomever first purchases the ticket. And since there's no need to wait to request the status, it can't be made available to anyone who has that ticket later. The process to track which ticket has claimed a status and which one hasn't would be cumbersome, and misunderstandings could easily ensue if someone thought they were obtaining a ticket that entitled them to status but that status had already been claimed. We're going to have to keep it simple, and limit the benefit only to those who first purchase the ticket directly.

You can purchase your ticket to the FTU in DC here: http://ftuniversity.wpengine.com/events/ftu-washington-dc/[/QUOTE]

That is truly unfair to those such as myself who bought a ticket to advanced FTU early and need to re-sell it due to a conflict. The ticket is now less desirable to a secondary buyer.

5. jamesb2147

jamesb2147 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does this contribute to furthering elite status (additional nights/stays) if Platinum has already been attained for 2015?

6. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    To my knowledge, no, but let me check with Hyatt.

P La Rue likes this.
  7. rehoult
    Original Member

rehoult Gold Member

Status Points:
    To follow up on this, this promotion will not provide additional benefits to existing Hyatt status holders.

William JLP likes this.
  8. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Explaining a little bit better.

The Hyatt sponsorship is brand new and we're looking in to various ideas on what to offer. The FTU in DC is not that far away and we needed a promo that's easily manageable.

So offering status to the folks who don't have it is an easy thing to execute. Also, having a promo exclusively for a small group like this is something a program usually don't venture in to, with all the manual work it includes.

So if you are an existing Diamond (like me) feel happy for the folks that get their Platinum status and stay tuned for what Jeff and Rene has up their sleeve. ;)

When it comes to Plat for ticket transfers, it's impossible to keep track of as tickets might be transferred more than once, the last FTU Advanced has shown us that.

But I will check back to see what can be done on that. One thing is for sure: The status can only be redeemed once per ticket.

storyteller and William JLP like this.
  9. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    It would be nice to give something for existing Diamonds. This is an Advanced FTU after all, so there surely are a few of us. How about adding some points toward lifetime status? Or else some redeemable points, but towards lifetime seems nicer, not that that's an easy goal to attain

10. trippin_the_rift
    Original Member

trippin_the_rift Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah but giving out Platinum doesn't cost them anything at all whereas giving Diamonds some points has a hard cost when you go redeeming it for a room at a Park Hyatt ;)
    Maybe Diamonds can be given the chance to trial a new feature of Hyatt - the tip envelope :p

storyteller likes this.
  11. ifly

ifly Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any chance of giving existing platinums upgrade to Diamond or giving a small challenge to become Diamond

12. rehoult
    Original Member

rehoult Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wish I could say yes (being a Platinum myself), but there will not be any diamond upgrades as part of this promo.

13. hennybogan

hennybogan Member

Status Points:
    I may be interested in your ticket to the Advanced sessions....how do I get a hold of you (sorry I haven't used my Milepoint acct. that much)?

14. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    sorry it is already sold

15. Phly4Phun

Phly4Phun Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone here has Hyatt platinum status they can gift? Perhaps signing up for Washington, D.C. FTU? I have a friend that is staying at Hyatt but cannot attend the event. He's new to the points and miles scene. He has a few Hyatt stays coming up. If someone doesn't have a need for the platinum status. I'm sure he would greatly appreciate it. I can offer in AA lounge pass or UA/DL drink Chits in exchange. Thanks!