Hyatt Platinum Extra's Certificates not matching website benefits?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by zphelj, Apr 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've received several Platinum Extra's certificates in the mail that list benefits different than those shown on their website or the FAQ here on MP. Lists Comp Food and Bev ammenity, 1000 pts for dining, club ugrade and for Hyatt Place a comp beverage. Both expire 6/30/12.

When I check "View my Awards" online there are none in my account.

Normal? Glitch? Since I stay at Hyatt Place/House for the most part the only benefit that's of interest to me is the bonus points indicated on the website that are not on these certs.

Thank for any insight!

perryplatypus likes this.
  2. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    Despite noting that the website didn't match the certificates the response from Hyatt customer service was to quote me the website. <sigh>

These are useless to me and trying to deal with Hyatt customer service is already a drag. Can Platinum Extra paper certs be given away? Free to a good home! PM me.

3. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the tips via PM folks. I gave the certs away to the 1st person who asked for them.

4. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Good afternoon,

I’d like to take this opportunity to clarify the details of your inquiry. The Platinum Extras program rewards Platinum members with a Platinum Extras Award after every 3rd stay upon reaching Platinum status. Through email Platinum members are alerted that there is a Platinum Extras Award in their account. Upon viewing the award, the member may choose a point bonus or have the option to have a certificate mailed to them with a choice of in-hotel benefits. If points are selected, they are placed in the member’s account or if the certificate if preferred, it is mailed within a few days to the member. In either case, once an option has been made, the Platinum Extras Award is no longer visible in the member’s account as it has been redeemed. And, if the member is receiving a mailed certificate, it is because an award other than points was chosen.

Sincerely,

Nick B.

5. zphelj

zphelj Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank Nick. Since I don't drink and generally only stay at Place/House the paper certificates are not useful to me. I can't imagine why I'd have selected those instead of points but who know's, maybe I did order these and I'm confused. I do find the wording on your website to be confusing because it doesn't match what's on the paper certificates. Website says 1,000 pts (and it isn't annotated with a (7) like dinning), and another option of 1,500 for dinning. The certificates have no points option and 1,000 for dinning, not 1,500. Apparently you can't receive points with a certificate and you receive less points for dinning with a certificate than you do if you somehow select it online. Seems odd to me but if that's how it's supposed to work its OK, your program, your rules.

Regardless, customer service become repetitive and the whole thing passed my pain and time threshold pretty fast so I mailed the ones I have off to someone who says they can make use of them and moved on this weekend.

Attached Files:

6. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    zphelj was kind enough to send these two certificates to me, however I was only able to use one of them. I have one left and will send it to the first person to PM me and ask for it.

As stated above, the certificate expires on 6/30/12.

kdw038 likes this.