Hyatt Place Yerevan Opens

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge, Dec 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Good Afternoon Milepoint Members,

As the Hyatt Place brand continues to expand outside the United States, we are thrilled to share news of the first Hyatt Place to open in Armenia - Hyatt Place Yerevan.

The hotel is located next to Republic Square, the heart of Yerevan’s city center, in close proximity to Government House, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the National Gallery, and Abovyan Street, the city’s main thoroughfare with many boutiques, cafes and gift shops.

uggboy, Newscience and MX like this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's good news. Now we just need an easy way to get there, preferably on OneWorld. ;)

sosphistocles, uggboy and Newscience like this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have traveled there on Star Alliance. Which One World flights did you have in mind? BTW, Yerevan is a wonderful city, and the Armenians are a very pleasant and welcoming people. I should think that street crime here is considerably less than in the major cities of the West.

MX and uggboy like this.
  4. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, great place to visit. When I recently looked into service by the OW alliance,I briefly saw a connection on Qatar Air through GYD. But after a few days, that option disappeared without a trace. There is also regular service by S7 via DME. For US citizens, this connection could be "transit without a visa". But experienced travelers on this forum had reservations about this option.

Newscience likes this.
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    MX, I'd caution against travel through DME, but that's based on the experience of a colleague who didn't have a visa, was forced by the authorities to buy one, missed his connecting flight, was then sent to a hotel, and eventually got out of Dodge the next day. If you ask him about this experience (now a few years later), I swear that you can see the steam come out of his ears when he talks about it! :eek:

MX likes this.
  6. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I will definitely not consider connecting through DME now!

Newscience likes this.