Hyatt Place & Hyatt House Expand to Asia

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge, Oct 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    We are excited to share with you the introduction of Hyatt Place® and Hyatt HouseTM brands in Asia with the signing of management agreements by Hyatt affiliates for two Hyatt Place hotels and one Hyatt House hotel in Shanghai. In addition, Hyatt affiliates signed management agreements for eight additional full service hotels in China, bringing the total of announced Hyatt-branded hotels under development in China to 32.

The first Hyatt House and Hyatt Place hotels in China will be located in Shanghai’s Jiading New Town and Xinjiangwan suburbs. Management agreements have been signed for the 210-room Hyatt Place Shanghai Jiading, the 77-room Hyatt House Shanghai Jiading, and the 150-room Hyatt Place Shanghai Xinjiangwan. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit us.

Sincerely,

Nick B.

2. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great news! Hopefully the brand will expand not just in China but all over Asia too.

lwkatya, Kalboz and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great news indeed, and now @ Hyatt let the brands expand all over Europe, UK and Ireland too! Don't be shy!:)

4. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I feel like I would be beating a dead equine to post, yet again...now just for new Hyatts in Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Athens, etc etc etc etc.

5. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a newbie to the Hyatt family, I've been rather frustrated by the lack of properties to places I'm planning to travel, so any expansion, anywhere, is great news and may hopefully keep me loyal to Hyatt!

LETTERBOY and uggboy like this.
  6. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems if one wants to travel to China you can stay in a new hotel every night as all the chains seem to be focussing on on that area, an area in which I have no interest.

Just have to say I'm onboard with UggBoy and Paladin, how about throwing us a bone and introduce Rome and other European locations.

HaveMilesWillTravel and uggboy like this.
  7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, China and India seem now the preferred destinations for Hyatt and nearly all other hotel chains to open up their new properties, nothing against it from our side, but it would have been nice when they could open up the vast expanses of Europe by now and consider it a great move too instead of an afterthought. It would be also very wise in my opinion to open up a diversity in brands incl. Park, Grand, Regency and especially Hyatt Place // Hyatt House in Europe, these brands would a great idea for countries like France, Ireland, Italy and others while concentrating their full-service brands on capitals like Rome. This would foster loyalty in Europe, a continent which is badly missing many Hyatt hotels and brand outposts in many key-city locations incl. the affordable branded ones. I can Hyatt only urge to open up in Dublin, Rome, Vienna, Lisban, Madrid, Budapest, Copenhagen and many airport locations too with their Hyatt Place // House brand. Would not look especially for Andaz expansion so, as our experience shows this brand is one to avoid.