Hyatt Place Charlotte (City Center) Review

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by sealiz, Jan 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sealiz
    Original Member

sealiz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed at this property last week. Here is an overview report:

Location: Shuttle picks you up from airport only if you call (I didn't know this was offered (no sign at the airport with the other hotels) so I took a cab - $18 charge.

Surroundings: 5 restaurants - Mexican, Soul Food, Pizza, Hibachi, and Subs along with a FedEx/Office about 2 minute walk from the front of the hotel. Bus is available once per hour to South Park Mall.

Room: Nice sitting area; very large couch and huge flat panel TV (LG). Limited channels e.g., no Food Network or Lifetime or TLC stations. Bathroom had mold around the soap dish in the shower. Bathroom is very small.

Bed was a king sized bed and was comfortable except for the top bedding; it was itchy.

I think the downfall of the property is that every question is met wtih a "no" first. After a couple of times it just became annoying. There wasn't really anything to eat on property. I asked for an unsweetened iced tea and was told they only had hot tea. umm....all you have to do is throw some tea and ice in a cup nad voila! You have iced tea. They didn't offer anything to a Diamond guest. No free water bottles nor any other amenity. No assistance when I was leaving the hotel and had all of my stuff; the staff member was reading a magazine while I was struggling with everything. The rooms where filthy in terms of seeming like the linens had not been washed recently nor were the rugs vacuumed/cleaned. GM was pleasant but the items I reported at the beginning week were never fixed or rectified. I wouldn't recommend staying at this property when you have a choice of other propertoes.

flyingdawg, sobore, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Certainly not up to the standard of Hyatt Places I've stayed at before.

flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  3. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought Hyatt Place's always had a selction of pastries, salads, fruit, snacks, even a limited menu sometimes. At least you had some restaurants nearby anyway.

4. sealiz
    Original Member

sealiz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same that's why I'm posting about this one. Seems like they need some attention from Hyatt to get the property aligned with how Hyatts usually are. As far as eating on property flyingdawg is right - there was a very limited menu available.