Hyatt Place Albuquerque -- Review

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Oct 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had a one-night stay at the HP Albuquerque recently. It's a standard Hyatt Place, so not much to say:

- standard room configuration, except that A/C unit wasn't by the window, but rather built into the wall on the other side of the bed.

- WiFi didn't work for me (tried both iPad and laptop). Didn't bother complaining to the front desk and just switched to tethering via my iPhone.

- FD agent took forever to assign a room when I tried to check in a bit early (1:30pm); ended up with a room right across from the elevator, but that wasn't a problem

- Diamond status was mentioned at check-in, but no amenity was offered. I submitted a request via email to goldpassport@hyatt.com and a very rare thing happened: the response I received confirmed that it would be posted, but it didn't actually happen. I guess another email is in order...

- Since I was planning to check out very early (4am) to catch an early morning flight, I went down to the reception at 9pm to have them apply a $50 check certificate (Costco) to my account. The first agent had no clue what to do with it, the second one helped her. They didn't offer a receipt or anything confirming they received the doc. I went back to my room, checked the account balance on the TV, and it showed a $50 charge on my folio. So back down to the lobby, talk to the same (2nd) agent again, and he insisted that this is how it works and that the nightly run would turn it into a credit. Hmmm, somehow I don't quite believe that, but as it was getting late and I assumed no manager was on duty anymore, I decided to see what would happen. Just for good measure, I re-checked the TV ten minutes later and it (he?) had switched from a $50 charge to a $50 credit. Some magic, right?

- There's literally nothing in walking distance of the hotel, other than a few other hotels. So if you are looking for food and don't have a car, you're basically stuck with the offerings of the hotel.

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I bet the FD agent didn't put "-50.00" instead did it as "50.00" :p

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I'd bet the $50 that's exactly what happened. So why not admit that a mistake was made, instead of trying to convince your guest that "it's the way it works".

Now off to filling out that survey they sent me :D

Jimgotkp likes this.
  4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Probably so they don't have to admit to their mistakes :( I like it when employees admit their mistakes since they become more honest to us as guests. It's always nice dealing with cheerful, helpful and honest employees. :)

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  5. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Ok - silly question - which HP was this? There are 2 in the ABQ area - Airport - Uptown Place

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:

Oops. Nothing silly about that. The airport property.