Hyatt Orlando Grand Cypress

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by OceanBreezes, Sep 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone stayed here with an upgrade? Curious if it was 2 room - one built as a living room and one bedroom or if it was one bathroom and entry. I called and they said they had suites with 2 beds but was wondering if anyone had experience. I am staying there with a friend and we want to be comfortable but have some privacy.

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I did stay there with an upgrade in early 2012. It was, in fact, a 2-room suite where one room was set up as a LR and the other was a standard BR. It was down the end of a hallway and they essentially just converted a regular guest room to a parlor.

OceanBreezes likes this.
  3. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will be staying at the Hyatt Grand Cypress in February. I noticed that the new Elite Rate is $19 less than the AAA breakfast rate and I am debating changing the rate. I am on a low carb diet and like having eggs, cold cuts and other protein items for breakfast. Does anyone know if the Regency Club has protein and hot items for breakfast...or, is it mainly just a continental breakfast. Do you think it is worth the extra $19 for the AAA Breakfast?

4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    It's been 2 years since I stayed there. I don't recall spending a lot of time in the lounge, but we did enjoy the breakfast buffet. Is it just you staying or multiple folks?

OceanBreezes likes this.
  5. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    There will be 2 of us

6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I wish I could guide you on the lounge food. I think $19 is a fair price for bkfst for 2 at that property. Is there any chance you'll want to go elsewhere in the AM one day? If so, I'd take the lower rate.

OceanBreezes likes this.
  7. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    From memory I think they had a couple hot items at breakfast a year ago when I stayed there. Have a couple pictures in my post on it, though not necessarily exactly what you are looking for.

http://boardingarea.com/mommypoints...d-hyatt-regency-grand-cypress-orlando-part-2/

flyingdawg and OceanBreezes like this.
  8. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pizzaman - Thanks so much for your comments and thoughts.

Mommypoints - your post was very helpful and showed me that they will have enough for me to eat at the Regency Club and stay on my diet (with the boiled eggs and cold cuts).

Thanks!!!

flyingdawg and mommypoints like this.
  9. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully they have more that will work for you than just the boiled eggs and cold cuts, but glad I at least had a shot of that. Have a great trip!

flyingdawg and OceanBreezes like this.
  10. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    OB, you're welcome, though I didn't provide a ton of info. Enjoy your trip! Are you heading to Disney or elsewhere in the Orlando area?

flyingdawg likes this.
  11. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pizzaman - We are heading to Disney & Universal...a retirement celebration trip for me and a coworker. We are very excited. My husband will be joining for a couple of nights before our theme park adventure and we will lounge by the pool....he hates amusement parks. By the way, I enjoy reading your blog...especially your perspectives on AA and Hyatt which are my 2 favorite loyalty programs.

flyingdawg likes this.
  12. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    OB, thx. We've spent a lot of time at Disney, so if you're looking for any advice please don't hesitate to reach out.

flyingdawg likes this.