Hyatt NYC

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by TravelBear, Jul 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    From what I count there are 8 Hyatt properties in NYC and not a single one of them is below a tier 5 making the annual free night so much more worthless to me. <sigh>

2. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    You could always consider Hyatt Regency Jersey City. Its not a bad property with great views of the NYC skyline. I have not had a problem using my Cat 4 stay certs for this hotel. It is on the PATH train stop (right outside the hotel entrance) and one stop to the Financial district.

There is one Cat 3 Hyatt Place in New York city near LGA in Flushing, but the HR JC is nicer - and closer commute to Manhattan.

viguera, IDGflygirl, edekba and 2 others like this.
  3. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    That HP has been building for what seems like 3yrs+. I goto the Sheraton across the street from there 2 to 3 times a year (last time was in April) and it didn't look complete yet. But I guess is is open for business.

Flushing to Manhattan is not that bad; the 7 pretty much is 1 block away & gets you into Manhattan within 30min (or so)

viguera and canucklehead like this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would postulate that any of the Hyatts in the city, plus the Jersey City one are leaps and bounds above the Flushing one though... :)

Speaking of which, I was looking at the new one on 57th and reservations in October are already into the $800s for regular rooms. Ouch.

5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well considering the one in flushing is a HP vs the full service. Yes no arguments from me.

6. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I think Hyatt 48Lex was sadly the last holdout of Category 4 in Manhattan. Alas, no more.

As noted above, Hyatt Jersey City is quite nice.