Hyatt night stay certificates - better source than hyatt?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by estnet, Mar 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm thinking of buying quite a few b/c the hotel rate vs cert is so high. I'll be giving up night and money credit (so I won't be Diamond next year), but the difference is almost 60% so........
    Just wondered if there are any deals rather than buying them directly from Hyatt.

2. Renard
    Original Member

Renard Silver Member

Status Points:
    Better call GP and make sure that they are accepting the cert for the nights you're looking at. (their use is capacity controlled) In my limited experience the various properties never seem to accept the certs that cost less than the going rate. In other words they're pretty useless.

3. tigerwong
    Original Member

tigerwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've purchased on a site called Working Advantage where you get points to redeem for various rewards. Not super rewarding, don't know where else offers the certs. Good luck.

4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good advice for someone who doesn't know that they don't always take these! Fortunately I do eg
    - one of the hotels had nights 1 and 3 available of 5 nights I wanted, another had 3 of 4 - but they did open one more night when I requested it :)

5. Renard
    Original Member

Renard Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm glad someone's having luck with these as I'm batting zero for two tries.

6. DealHound
    Original Member

DealHound Silver Member

Status Points:
    I came across them on the Amex Membership Rewards site. Not a great redemption rate, but if you have MR points to burn it might work for you. Also, keep in mind that these certificates cover TAXES as well, which can add up quickly. I also like the fact that they protect against currency exchange fluctuations on international properties.

7. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the idea - but don't have MR. Yes, when they can be used in countries that have 20% extra fees they are a really good deal;)