Hyatt Milestone members?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by tommy777, Aug 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Folks, I couldn't find anything about the Hyatt Milestone Membership program anywhere on Milepoint, but I've read about it on several blogs who have received a "welcome as a milestone member" email and a free night at any Hyatt for being loyal.

As I have stayed at almost 80 different properties since I started staying at Hyatts for real 4 years ago, I thought I'd call Hyatt customer service and inquire as to what's going on.

First, I was put on hold by customer service for 25 minutes while they were inquiring and I was told it was another targeted "surprise and delight". I then asked what a Hyatt Milestone Member was because it didn't sound like it was a one time giveaway. It sounded like it was a new program that you had to qualify for. I was put on hold again and after a while the person came back and I was told that this is not targeted, but rather a trial of a new program and the thresholds were 25, 50 and 100 different properties but also 1 million, 2 million and 3 million base miles. As we all know, after spending a decent annual salary, you get 1 million base miles and lifetime Diamond. It sounded kind of fishy, but I was like, forget it and just hung up.

Then I got one email stating it was a trial and a "surprise and delight" gig again and I was not eligible.

Fair enough

Today I got another email stating something totally different:

:rolleyes:

2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I got recognized for staying at 50 properties. I guess they black listed your account. :p

3. delff128

delff128 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm first I've heard of this progam. I guess I was not targeted either....

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

4. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got recognized for staying at 25 different properties, but the "recognition" did not involve anything other than an email.

Tenmoc likes this.
  5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    No recognition love here yet...

Tenmoc likes this.
  6. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    On Friday, I called Hyatt again and asked to speak to a supervisor rather than being on hold. The person confirmed that there's a massive rollout going on and that all will be recognized. Totally contrary to what Jeff Zidell said over on TOBB (there's a long, very nasty thread there, which we don't want here ;))

I'm totally cool with targeted campaigns and couldn't care less if I get a free night or not, but it would be nice if Hyatt planned these things a little better, were transparent and offered consistent info. With that there internet, things like these will spread like crazy in a heartbeat, so why not have a policy in place?

Scottrick, flyingdawg and Tenmoc like this.
  7. J Zidell VP Hyatt

J Zidell VP Hyatt Official Representative

Status Points:
    Thanks for the feedback here. Much appreciated!

We clearly have some work to do from a communication perspective. I'm excited about the potential of this initiative, and we are starting small and iterating quickly. The bottom line is that we know there are more innovative ways to recognize and reward our members beyond a calendar year and beyond nights and stays.

I welcome any additional feedback.

Safe travels,

jz

8. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not cool with targeted offers of the like of this. Because of the internet. All targeted offers do is create resentment towards the company by recognizing someone and doing nothing for me (generic me as anyone not recognized).

As you correctly state, this stuff is out in the open in seconds.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And can we get the same requested openness of qualifications for silver, gold and platinum here at milepoint?

IDGflygirl likes this.
  9. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I don't understand the resentment towards a company like Hyatt for this program. These are not benefits we were promised. These are EXTRA benefits. If a hotel decides to give you a better suite for a visit because you checked in on your wedding anniversary/birthday, does that mean they should now do that for everyone?

I spend a heck of a lot more at Hyatt than all the friends I know who received the 50K United miles offer last year. That doesn't make me any more entitled to that benefit since I was never promised it.

10. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    I understand targeted offers are extra benefits, but the fact is once they're out in the open, you have people getting mad that they weren't included. and they're not mad at themselves or usually the other members that report they got them. They're mad at the company who isn't giving it to all.

That's all i was saying there.

Brit likes this.
  11. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:

I wasn't picking on your hotel BFF, I think you need to take a little overview here ;)

When they clearly state "Hyatt milestone member, 50 nights" and not anywhere in the email it states that the offer is targeted or exclusive, that's not good. I did what everyone on this board would do: I logged in to my account and counted. It seems I´m way past both the first thresholds. The next thing on the agenda for me was to call. I did and I'm even more confused after doing so. And I understand that people are puzzled and disappointed.

But reading from Jeff's post above, it seems they're working on something, and the intention about the campaign is great. We like other milestones that excite throughout the year. We like set goals, like lifetime SPG or Marriott.

So even if the rollout is a little shaky, rock on, Jeff Zidell & team. I'm excited about what you come up with.

12. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe the plan was to try this out on a select group to see the reaction. I was asked to fill out a survey a few days after the recognition email.

In any case, I also think it's a great idea to go beyond elite qualifying stays and nights.

13. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just received one of these emails today as well.

tommy777, flyingdawg and Tenmoc like this.
  14. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got a 25 hotels today email too.

Kalboz, tommy777, flyingdawg and 2 others like this.
  15. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    My 25th was the Park Hyatt Sydney, which is a neat but meaningless factoid I guess.

tommy777, flyingdawg and Tenmoc like this.
  16. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did 25 incl awards? I am at 22 unique

flyingdawg likes this.
  17. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, awards are included.

18. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Understood, thought you were mad personally. Still don't think a targeted extra benefit is something to get upset over even though some seem to be.

Tenmoc likes this.
  19. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I just figured when multiple bloggers have commented on the fact that not everyone is eligible for these offers and it's mentioned on the first page of that FT thread you mentioned you probably would have realized it wasn't an offer everyone received.

And, in the e-mail I received and the one referenced on the first page of the FT thread both indicate recognition of the award is at Hyatt's discretion.

But, hey, now you know. :)

Tenmoc likes this.
  20. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Well, it seems like a new batch of emails are going out judging by this thread!

Tenmoc likes this.
  21. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:

You might expect a different reaction from people that read these forums and are educated about how loyalty programs and marketing works.

But it never seems to work out that way. Just read the FT Hyatt forum these days.

-David

kenbo and Tenmoc like this.
  22. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also got the recognition for 25 properties over a month ago. But like you, it did not include anything other than the email itself. I found it entertaining that the email included terms and conditions.

icurhere2 and Tenmoc like this.
  23. ryandc99
    Original Member

ryandc99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Duplicate post

Tenmoc likes this.
  24. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    My 25th was PH Paris Vendome. We both hit their high end properties for our 25th it seems :)

Tenmoc likes this.
  25. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    What awards did you get? My email didn't have any gift etc - just a thank you and a list of all the awesome HPs I've stayed at :D. You mentioned you had an award in yours?

Tenmoc likes this.