Hyatt Mattress Run Ideas for San Diegan?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by newflyer, May 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. newflyer

newflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I talked to several people as FTU who participated in the diamond challenge and found properties with $50-$75 rates. I jumped in and I am not finding anything under $118 and that is VERY rare? Most rooms are $200+. Got any ideas for this newbie? Would consider day tripping. Treating someone to the buffet for sharing a reservation or ?? Awesome discount codes?? MGM hotels do not work--bummer! Learning the hard way :)

2. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    Phoenix in The summer is good for mattress runs

IDGflygirl and William JLP like this.
  3. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    But not good for the mind! 129 degrees is no fun :)

kellio likes this.
  4. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Status Points:
    aww, it doesn't get quite that hot here

viguera likes this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    125-129... same thing... :)

I was actually talked into an SPG getaway at the Westin Kierlan in late August. Hopefully it will be around 100° and no more. :)

kellio likes this.
  6. Tokyo Hyatt Fan

Tokyo Hyatt Fan Silver Member

Status Points:
    For a random weekday in June, I'm seeing My Elite Rate of $79 for Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Plantation.

If Mexico is an option, $68/night for the Hyatt Place Los Cabos.

But the winner is Hyatt Place Tucson Airport, at $66/night!

(Well, not the real winner. The Hyatt Regency Bandung can be had for $55/night...)

Last edited: May 24, 2014
    Garp74, delff128 and IDGflygirl like this.
  7. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    The problem here is "San Diego" - you're in a town with generally high hotel rates and mostly full-service Hyatts. The cheap mattress runs are generally suburban or airport-area Hyatt Place properties in areas with high room density. Some exampes: IAD area on weekends (long for a day trip). In the SF area: Dublin/Pleasanton HP, Fremont HP, though neither are close to an airport. And ATL 'burbs have some cheap Hyatt properties.

wrxmom likes this.
  8. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    IAD is a great place for Mattress Runs with Hyatt. Remember the obvious, that you only need to check-in in person. Check-out can be handled online. So, if you have any trips scheduled, see if you can find a cheap rate for a few days and check-in before leaving town.

traveltoomuch likes this.
  9. 365RoadWarrior

365RoadWarrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    Changing. There are now several Hyatt Houses nearby (I like the one in Carlsbad, but there's another in Sorrento Mesa. And there's now a Hyatt Place. Not always cheap, and may not suit you for some other reason (too lacking in elegance or too close to home), but they work for me.

10. jim87

jim87 Active Member

Status Points:
    Visit the Chicago suburbs, they are great for a mattress run if you have a car and summer along the lakefront is a dream. 30 minute drive to downtown and lakeshore-just leave burbs after 10 a.m. and return after 7p.m.. Lots under $100. Especially Schaumburg where you just walk back and forth across the parking lot between an inexpensive HR and a HP. You'll get the full Diamond treatment at the HR. Week of June 9th-23 at various suburban Hyatt's 92,112,97,88,80,80,90- maybe us pts. and cash on the $112.

wrxmom likes this.
  11. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your timing for the challenge is problematic because we have the Memorial Day holiday, summer and 4th of July.

As others have suggested, you'll need to do a road trip. Or even better, a mileage run for a mattress run. :)

12. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are couple of Hyatts in Palm Springs which should have good rates in the hot summer.