Hyatt lovers: where do you wish Hyatt would plant a flag?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Garp74, May 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi fellow Hyatt lovers,

One of the distressing parts about being loyal to Hyatt (a loyalty from me they've earned, through and through), is when I go to destinations where Hyatt doesn't have a flag. Today I booked Montevideo, Uruguay for next week, and found out that Hyatt is building a resort there, but it won't be open this year. I was in Cancun last week or so, and they had just pulled the flag on the Hyatt Regency, but recently opened a Zilara. I was supposed to be in Poland this week, where again, Hyatt had just pulled the flag in March.

So Warsaw and Montevideo are two places I wish there would be Grand Hyatts.

I also wish Hyatt had a presence in Brisbane - maybe a Hyatt House, since it's a smaller city compared to where Hyatt already is (Sydney and Melbourne and Perth).

Where do you wish Hyatt would plant a flag?

Warm regards,
    Garp74

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dublin, Ireland
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Galway, Ireland
    Frankfurt, Germany

.....these are only a few of the places where the Hyatt flag should land in the near future. :)

Zomby Woof, B1BomberVB and Garp74 like this.
  3. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Rome
    Venice
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

4. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dublin
    Rome
    Resort on Oahu
    A cheap HP in my hometown. ;)

5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Move to Northern Virginia. You can have your pick.

6. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Didn't they just lose HR Warsaw?

I wish they have more of a presence in Europe. I'

uggboy likes this.
  7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, Hyatt had a great hotel in Warsaw, we stayed there a few years ago and found it very nice indeed, but unlike the competition, the Hyatt was not favorable located in Warsaw. I hope they will eventually have again an offering there, plus many more throughout Europe.

8. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well there's a Hyatt Regency in Aruba, but one in St. Lucia would be nice. Or St. Martin on the French side :).

9. 365RoadWarrior

365RoadWarrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    Africa. Yeah, yeah, there are two in South Africa, which is another place entirely. How 'bout Abidjan or Lome or Niamey or Bamako or Ouagadougou or Douala or Libreville, even Dakar would be great. (Not safari/Disney Africa, please.)

uggboy likes this.
  10. J Zidell VP Hyatt

J Zidell VP Hyatt Official Representative

Status Points:
    Good afternoon!

I wanted to briefly chime in here and thank you for the feedback. I can assure you that we are extremely focused on growing our footprint around the world. However, the key to success is thoughtful growth with the right partners in the right markets to ensure we maintain the integrity of the Hyatt brand.

The good news is that we are well on our way. Over the past four years, we have entered more than 70 new markets and increased our hotel count by 32% to 520+ hotels worldwide. Our development pipeline is very strong and includes 240 hotels in more than 100 new markets.

We’re looking forward to some exciting openings this year in New York, Tokyo, Vienna, Instanbul, Jamaica, Lijiang, Shanghai, Shenzhen, San Juan and more. Please continue to share your thoughts with us, and we look forward to welcoming you in one of our new properties in the very near future.

With my warmest regards,

Jeff

11. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would love to see more options in the Pacific NW. The one HP that represents all of Oregon makes me sad. If there were a Regency or even a Grand somewhere near Portland that would be great.

12. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm eagerly awaiting the construction of The Grand Hyatt Compton.

In all seriousness though, I'd love to see a Hyatt Bora Bora and Hyatt Moorea.

13. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Heh, heh

uggboy and Max M like this.
  14. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Repeating places said here already: Rome, Dublin, Warsaw, Oregon (several locales).

Amsterdam keeps coming to mind - with the room rates we're seeing at the Andaz, there's probably a case for yet another property. The Hyatt Place Schipol, on the far southern edge of the airport, doesn't really count. There's probably opportunity in other Dutch and Belgian cities: Antwerp, Brussels, the Hague, Rotterdam, Utrecht, and possibly even Masstricht.

Domestically: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont. A Hyatt Place just opened in Portland, ME, but I'm wondering if properties couldn't also be supported in the other "big" cities: Manchester, Portsmouth, Burlington. Other chains are certainly making plays at mid-market and above: there's a lovely new Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Manchester; there's a (bad) Radisson in downtown Manchester; and Portsmouth has a downtown HGI, a Courtyard, a Homewood Suites, two Residence Inns, a downtown Sheraton(!), and a nearby Marriott resort property. Burlington has a Sheraton, Hilton, and Doubletree already. Even Nashua, NH has a (miserable) Radisson.

At the low end (which, of course, fits better in these smaller markets), I wish we were seeing more Hyatt Houses than House Places - it's not that I need or even want the full suites, it's that some things about the HP room design really annoy me. Except for the fact that Hyatt uses better bedding, I'd rather be in a Hilton Garden Inn than a Hyatt Place.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
    uggboy, Garp74 and B1BomberVB like this.
  15. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like a tier 4 in NYC. Last I checked all the Hyatt properties in NYC were 5 or above. There is a Hyatt Place slated for Asheville though the ground hasn't even broken as far as I know. I am really surprised at the (relatively) negative comments about Hyatt Place's here and other places. I have stayed at a few of them and find them quite comfortable. I was easily able to accommodate a friend on the pullout couch in my last HP stay in PDX. I have stayed at the PDX HP Cascades twice now without issue.

IDGflygirl, MX and Garp74 like this.
  16. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Come back to Irvine!

kenbo likes this.
  17. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    HP doesn't annoy me, but I do like HH better. That being said, I'd take a new build HP over every HGI I've ever stepped foot in.

IDGflygirl, Kalboz and Garp74 like this.
  18. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    FWIW, and yes I'm an unabashed Hyatt loyalist, how awesome is it that the head of the program jumped into this thread less than 12 hours after it started? Certainly don't see many folks from Marriott or Hilton weighing in here, let alone the heads of the respective programs.

traveltoomuch, Kalboz, kenbo and 3 others like this.
  19. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Other places besides ZRH in Switzerland, Dresden, Germany, Harbin, Dalian, Yanji and Changchun in China.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
    Kalboz likes this.
  20. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't even know it left! I've been living under a rock, apparently.

Kalboz likes this.
  21. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    kenbo likes this.
  22. Tokyo Hyatt Fan

Tokyo Hyatt Fan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hyatt Place Narita!

23. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like to see a Hyatt in each of the Scandinavian countries, Israel, and New Zealand.

24. Tokyo Hyatt Fan

Tokyo Hyatt Fan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hyatt Regency Pyongyang

[​IMG]

Kalboz likes this.
  25. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like to see Hyatt properties in Madrid & other locales in Spain.