Hyatt iPhone App

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Nov 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's got a 5/5 rating! :D

3. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Some screenshots from the app..

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

cennas and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  4. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up. I have just downloaded it, looks quite neat :)

miles and smiles and lwkatya like this.
  5. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Another issue that I've found is when trying to save my info.. It won't remember my GP login, even though I've asked it to.. :confused:

6. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    The actual website also won't remember my GP login, even though I ticked the box. :confused:

miles and smiles and lwkatya like this.
  7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    That worked for me. What's weird, though, is that it forces me to manually click the "Log in" button (the userid and password are defaulted in), instead of just connecting when I go to the Gold Passport tab. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why else would I go there?!

FriendlySkies likes this.
  8. arkleseizure
    Original Member

arkleseizure Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for pointing this out. Based on a quick look, it appears to be a very nice app, and a lot better than the other hotel program apps I have used.

9. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, it remembers my GP login, just doesn't keep me logged in. I have to click login and submit the stores info. Which, btw, may be how it was designed.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

10. bbernahl

bbernahl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone. Bill from Hyatt E-Commerce here. The reason we don't auto log you in is that it would delay you with a wait icon while logging you in. Depending on what you're doing, this may cause an unnecessary wait. We're working on making this a background activity so it would remember everything about you from your last login and, in the background, log you in to update your points and reservations.

I'd be interested in what people think would be good features for the next version. Also, We've got an android version in the works. What is the interest in a blackberry app? While blackberry usage is high, app usage on blackberry is low.

11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    But my point was: when I switch to the Gold Passport tab/page, there is nothing I can do other than tap on the "Sign In" button with my credentials already defaulted in. So isn't it reasonable to assume that when I opt to store my credentials and I then visit the Gold Passport I am going to be okay with the short delay to log me in? The manual tapping of the Sign In button seems to be an unnecessary step which introduces further delay.

No personal interest here in a Blackberry app.

I'd like to see more features in the Gold Passport section, such as account statement (not just the summary). Also, store credit card info and AAA numbers in a profile (for website as well, please!)

Does the app share Favorites (Hotels) with the web account! I don't use it extensively yet, but thought I set one up a while ago, but I see zero in the mobile app.

Overall a very nice app!

Thanks for coming here and looking for feedback, Bill!

lwkatya and cennas like this.
  12. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP Bill!

Some things I think would be good/useful features:
    - how about showing the number of Diamond suite upgrades we have left on the account summary page
    - full account statement, including the ability to see the breakdown of posted points for each stay
    - ability to request for missing stays/points/Diamond bonus etc.
    - sync my favorite hotels with the ones on the website
    - link to Hyatt E-Concierge website from the Reservation Summary page

Also I would be thankful if you could develop a version for iPad as well. I know I could use the iPhone version from my iPad but it just doesn't look nice.

Also I use a Blackberry but wouldn't be interested on a BB version of this app.

Overall it's a very nice and useful app so far. Thanks!

lwkatya and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  13. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Some more thoughts:

The home page is very pretty... But i'd rather see that space taken up by the photo be used to present me with useful and/or actionable information:

- next upcoming stay
    - check-in button if I have a stay today
    - check-out button if I am scheduled to depart from a hotel today
    - recent activity in my GP account
    - special offers for me
    - number of stays/nights needed to reach another bonus/elite threshold

Basically, anything that saves me a few extra taps to drill into other pages.

lwkatya likes this.
  14. bbernahl

bbernahl Silver Member

Status Points:
    HaveMilesWillTravel,
    Thanks for your comments. The top three above are already on the list and we'll consider all the others too. I see your point re auto signing you in when you touch the GP icon and have already asked the app to remember you... What we really want to do is not have you ever have to sign in again, but just make it automatically be correct without you noticing any delays. Your suggestion may be a good intermediary step.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  15. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I mentioned this last night on the other board - but I still can't get to my existing reservations.

16. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will try out the Android version when it gets released.

17. bbernahl

bbernahl Silver Member

Status Points:
    As soon as we have an official date, I'll let you know. Should be late this year or very early next.

18. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

Status Points:
    What is the specific error that you are receiving?

19. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Not absolutely sure it's still the same one - but right now "System Error - Unexpected system error occured".

20. bbernahl

bbernahl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Copy of my update from the other board.

Hi everyone, Bill from E-Commerce with an update.

The tech team has been working to reproduce some of the problems that several of you have encountered with retrieving reservations.

1) The reservation button should be displaying the reservations in chronological order. The fact it isn't doing this always is a bug and we're working on it.

2) The reservations tab is only displaying 6 items.This is a limitation we're looking at removing. The concern is that if you have 10 or 20 reservations (which some of you do), this will cause a long delay in retrieving them. We're looking at options. In the near term, we'll probably return the upcoming nearest 6 reservations (all reservations would still be available from the GP screen).

3) Some reservations don't show up either from the reservations button or when you select reservations from the GP screen
    Thanks to those that have provided their GP #s to help troubleshoot. There are only few cases where reservations aren't showing up. One case is due to an odd booking source - we're checking if this even shows up on Hyatt.com. Other cases seem to involve complex records that been manually updated (say to split a suite upgrade into two rooms). We're looking into this case also. Our plan is to make sure the app displays the same thing you would see on Hyatt.com.

4) Sometimes reservations don't show up at all
    We've seen the situation where if one has many reservations (13-15 or more), they occasionally don't show up. We believe this is due to a timeout issue in retrieving so many reservations and are looking into this with the plan to increase the timeout.

You flyertalkers are, unfortunatley, a great test bed for complex reservations and very large numbers of reservations. We're working to get the app working for these cases.

Thanks for all the great suggestions and feedback - we're putting them all on enhancement list. I'll get back on the forum when we have another update.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  21. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Bill! Now if only you could convince UA to do this much customer interaction with the website, etc.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

22. tin509

tin509 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just downloaded the Hyatt app. Nice! easy to navigate, great graphics of each property, account status. This app is way better than Hilton's app.

theBOAT and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  23. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Totally agree. I haven't even bothered to download the Hilton one. The SPG app has slightly more useful details available to me, like the ones mentioned above, so I won't repeat them.

All in all, a nice first effort. I'm looking forward to watching it evolve in the near future.

theBOAT

24. Scott Schmidt

Scott Schmidt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I encountered some wonkiness regarding reservations concurrent with a stay... Reservation disappeared after checkin. Would be nice to get more info on the current stay than just the dates of the reservation... Like room type assigned and rate plan (did I get the AAA Breakfast Rate or not?)

Also would like to see past reservations in there as well so I can review when I stayed where during those short-term memory episodes.

But a GREAT start!

FriendlySkies likes this.