Hyatt Hotels Boycott Joined By Broad Coalition, Including Football Players Association

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by uggboy, Jul 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Hyatt Hotels Boycott Joined By Broad Coalition, Including Football Players Association ||

Interesting development!:confused:

2. thrashsoundly
    Original Member

thrashsoundly Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just came across the Hyatt Hurts campaign, and assuming it's all true it has been a real eye-opener. I'm sure there are multiple sides and opinions to what is going on, so i'd love to hear them. It seems like many people in the miles and points community champion the Hyatt brand based on the GP program, especially the boarding area bloggers. What are your reactions?

uggboy likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    That link redirects me to a login page at

https://mail.hyattoffice.com/owa/au...=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hyattworkplace.com&reason=0

4. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    At my local Hyatt (Santa Clara), this is most definitely the case.

I'm all for people's right to organize so long as it's not mandatory and imposed by bullying, which (at least at this particular Hyatt) has been the case.

brfong and LETTERBOY like this.
  5. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is the same NFLPA that thinks it's OK to have bounties on other players. :rolleyes:

6. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Our apologies for the technological error with the weblink and thank you for reaching out! The UniteHere campaign is not about creating a better workplace at our hotels, it's an attempt to boost union membership at non-union Hyatt hotels through a non-democratic and intimidating process. We hope you'll take a few minutes to read more about what is actually driving this boycott by clicking here: www.hyattworkplace.com

7. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    This campaign sounds like total nonsense to me. HuffPo did find a maid in West Hollywood who complained about, among other things, having to wheel a housekeeping cart and demanded fitted sheets on beds! If that's the best they can do, I doubt they will garner much support. My guess is Hyatt was picked because it is a smaller chain and the union figured they would be more likely to fold. I hope they don't.

desamo, TheBeerHunter and LETTERBOY like this.