Hyatt guests will have digital treats at their fingertips

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by sobore, Jun 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/t...will-have-digital-treats-at-their-fingertips/

When the Hyatt Regency hotel reopens in October, it will boast some of the latest technological innovations found in modern hotels.

Among the amenities will be a variety of interactive TV and Internet services, courtesy of a newly announced contract with developer Roomlinx Inc.

Each room will have access to Internet entertainment services such as Netflix, Pandora and Facebook. The television interface will also link to the hotel’s room service ordering system, full Internet service and local driving directions.

The system will also allow visiting companies to share exhibit materials with rooms during a convention.

“We are excited to provide this cutting edge technology solution,” said Michael Smith, general manager of the Hyatt Regency New Orleans. “This is a great example of the latest and greatest in technology that we will offer our guests.”

The hotel renovation is scheduled for completion later this year is expected to open Oct. 19.

Chimpy likes this.
  2. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    I spotted the magic word "free" in the press release referred to above, but it only seemed to apply to TV programming, which I presume even Motel 6 gives for free these days. For all the other services referred to, the press release looked like it was carefully worded deceptively in such a way that they could all be pay services.

Indeed, there is a quote later in the press release that says "At Hyatt, we have been extremely impressed with Roomlinx's ability to develop smart applications and deliver an interactive TV platform that allows our hotels to generate strong revenues beyond Video on Demand...."

So this whole thing is puffery, nothing more.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Shocking that a charitable organization like Hyatt would be so focussed on generating strong revenues. If that is really their mission, I'd recommend they just become a for-profit organization and issue stock and make it available in an IPO, so I can participate in their success ;-)