Hyatt/Goldpassport .. what's broken, how can those things be fixed?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by LIH Prem, Feb 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    Though there's lots to love about Hyatt/Goldpassport these days, there are certainly a few things that could use some attention.

1. The website. Is it up, is it down? availability has been a big problem lately.

2. My pet peeve: There is no way to resend a confirmation from the website. This should be a no-brainer and it's the right thing to do.

3. FFN isn't a continuous promotion :) ok, I'm half-kidding.

Please add your issues to this list.

-David

2. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    4) The inability to redeem suite upgrades online

5) No way to make sure Gx code is added to a reservation. If I don't have time to look up the code, and book five reservations (as I did last week), it's time consuming to call and have GP add the code to every reservation.

Sam Axe and LIH Prem like this.
  3. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    6) Consistency with phone representatives - Though all try hard, the knowledge gap of what can be done or of current promos etc can be quite frustrating to someone new with the program. Not every GP member can obviously ask for and get a personal Diamond Representative.

I would make this issue also the second, third and fourth points as well. The website up.down issue is a recurring problem and not just limited to the last couple days/weeks.

peteropny and LIH Prem like this.
  4. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Two of my big issues have been touched upon:

1. Consistency (bettter training of CS reps) - I've heard some truly horror stories of mis-information.

2. Tech issues - website etc - having the website down quite a bit as it has in the last few months is not acceptable - this need to be top priority for Hyatt.

I personally don't think we'll ever see the suite upgrades to be bookable online - many of the suites aren't even bookable for revenue online.

As to Gx, don't even bother calling to have it added to the reservation (this does absolutely nothing), just request at check-in and confirm at check-out, then they should post correctly. Call CS after the fact if they don't. I believe that these are designed this way to be able to say that they have a promotion but not give out "tons" of points. Lately, many properties seem to no longer participate anyways.

5. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here. And when they don't post, I just use the web form to request credit.

-David

Pat89339 likes this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, web form or simply a free-form email to the GP customer service email address. I never call them about missing points. Much easier to spell out in a short and concise email what's missing. One problem with the web form is that they for some bizarre reason only allow one request to be submitted against each stay, so if two different thing are wrong, you've got to email (or call) anyway, so I just email from the onset.

As for wishes... well, it would be nice if they counted award stays for stay/night credit, like HHonors does.

polar_bear likes this.
  7. polar_bear
    Original Member

polar_bear Active Member

Status Points:
    I vote for the ability to use Suite upgrades on Award stays. Awards stays with the family are when I most desire the suite.

Kaanapali likes this.
  8. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    [quote="HaveMilesWillTravel, post: 33636")

As for wishes... well, it would be nice if they counted award stays for stay/night credit, like HHonors does.[/quote]
    I don't think this is a good idea imho since the advent of the Hyatt visa card. You could have high chargers qualify for diamond on just award stays.

9. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    I second this. Perhaps 2 of the 4 annual suite upgrades could be designated as applicable to reward or paid stays.

10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I don't think there are enough mega chargers who'd spend enough on the card each year to earn 25 one-night award stays that it would really matter. Of course, as with any benefit (exising or proposed), there are always differing opinions. For me, given my available time to go on vacation trips, a lot of the value of GP Diamond is lost because I feel that I can't afford award stays if I want to have a chance to maintain status.

11. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Personally I agree with you...since I pay out of pocket to maintain that status in the first place. Of course if you are trying to make stays maybe you could look into bookending vacations...where you stay the first and last nights paid and everything in between on award points. :)

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  12. MarkUK
    Original Member

MarkUK Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'd just like the list of Gx bonuses to be in one place rather than against each hotel.

sophiegirl and Kaanapali like this.
  13. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    They used to be a lot more accessible and in one location where you could search by state. The new design to the website definitely made searching for Gx bonuses more time consuming.

kenbo likes this.
  14. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    If the knowledge gap were closed, there would not be a need for any personal Diamond Representatives.

Kaanapali likes this.
  15. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    For information issues this would probably be true. However I think for volume members there might still be a need (Full disclosure...I am Diamond but I don't have a personal Dia phone rep).

16. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps. But I also think if the knowledge were there across the board, the volume members could be better served by a concierage...more along the lines of the SPG program. Personal line agents are like much else in life - some are truly outstanding...others, not so much.

17. Sam Axe
    Original Member

Sam Axe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have the G (or whatever other) bonus print on the reservation confirmation. That way I can remember what I didn't get when the website screws up.

18. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not just in one place, but in a clear table -- G1blue told you clearly what was available and on what days. Now, you have to find the darn thing, read the whole offer or click through -- and for comparing properties in a metro area, it's far more of a pain than before. Do you suppose it's meant to be?

Kaanapali likes this.
  19. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    While you can still search by state for GP offers and thus can compare a metro area (presuming the metro area is within one state), you are right - it is definitely more of a pain.

I think they did this intentionally so that you could compare all the offers of all the properties together in one group. Whether they also intentionally did this so that you could not easily compare G1 vs G2 vs G3 bonuses (or other Gx bonuses) among geographically close properties is another question entirely! ;)

20. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    While it's not the first time I hear this, your mention of this came very timely -- thanks! :)

Kaanapali likes this.
  21. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    My pleasure :) I know people who have done the stay-award-stay-award-stay pattern for 7 nights, thus getting 4 stays credit and using 3 nights awards! Enjoy your vacation!

22. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    When you do this, do you have to check in and check out everyday? Or can you make an arrangement with the front desk?

23. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have not done this yet, though I have done the bookending of vacations with stays at the front and end. However, those I know who have done this simply do the first check in and say they would like to take care of this all at the same time - so as to avoid jumping room to room during the stay. Since the Front Desk doesnt want to go through all that hassle either, they are usually more than accomodating.

NB: You may not want to do this if you want a Suite :).

kenbo likes this.
  24. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Note that this may not generate 4 stay credits if you are using one account through the whole stay since they'll probably be combined into 1 stay. It could work if you are switching with your spouse / partner / friend etc.

25. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I am not looking for a suite for my upcoming award stay, but I'll add a day or two of paid nights at the end (since I need more nights than originally expected) and will make them aware at check-in of the second reservation and ask to have both be for the same room. I assume it won't be a problem. I'll also revisit the issue on the check-out day for the first (award) reservation.