Hyatt Gold Passport wins at the Freddie Awards!

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge, Apr 29, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear Milepoint Members,

Hyatt Gold Passport took home two Freddies – Best Elite Program – Americas and Best Elite Program – Middle East/Asia/Oceania – from the 28th annual Freddie Awards ceremony held on April 28 in Las Vegas, NV. We are truly grateful and humbled to receive this recognition from our loyal members across the globe. These awards further motivate us to care for you, our guests, each day as we deliver unique experiences through Hyatt Gold Passport.

A sincere and heartfelt thank you for voting Hyatt Gold Passport a winner.

Warm regards,

Jeff Zidell

Pizzaman, alfagirl and theSuperStar like this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Considering that this is the result of a self administered "survey" and that travel bloggers are infatuated with HGP and the proportion of their readers that is likely to vote is very high, what a surprise!

America's "best" elite program that botches pretty much anything it tries to do, has what are perhaps the most chronic IT problems and dysfunctional website in the industry, has been pulling or diluting benefits left and right and so fast it's been tough to keep track? LOL.

As a loyalty program, HGP is, at best, a work in progress...

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congrats Hyatt!!

While I'm not a thrilled with Hyatt promos the way I used to be, (still longing for FFNs), the treatment as a Diamond I receive from Hyatt is exceptional. Hyatt today is the best program for me, despite lack of properties in some areas I travel to.

4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Doesn't sound like you have the picture right on the Freddies. It's one vote per person. Nothing self-administered about it, as evidenced by the fact that Marriott, a program that significantly disappoints me still manages to win program of the year. More people like their program overall, so says the voting.

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am just amazed that the program of the host, MGM, the M Life program won two (2!) awards. What was the promotion that won the "best promotion" award? I can't even find a forum for M Life here. Or on Flyertalk, I think. Where do all their fans (voters) discuss that program?

6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, please illuminate me because I am not sure how one person one vote changes the fact that the survey is self-administered and that the programs that can turn out the most supporters would do well. That is in contrasting to polls in which the pollsters try to achieve a random sampling of loyalty program participants and then weight that by the relative program size, etc, to try to minimize bias as much as possible.

I have received emails from Marriott and Hyatt and SPG -- never from Hilton HHonors, however -- urging me to vote for them in the Freddies. Because of their shear size, Marriott would be competitive if even a small fraction of their members take the poll. I know for sure that Hyatt GP and SPG members are eager to take the poll because they have been turned into rabid supporters by travel bloggers who, for reasons that remain a mystery to me, are overwhelmingly infatuated with the two programs, which they spare no superlatives in describing, and as a result have brain-washed loyalists that are likely to hear about the Freddies and the poll.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good questions that inquiring minds would want to have answers to...

In fact, with M Life winning two (2!) awards, it means that the HGP "group" went home with 4 Freddie awards! Hmmm...