Hyatt Gold Passport Targeted Offers terms and Conditions Update

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge, Aug 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear MilePoint Members,

Last week we launched targeted offers to select Hyatt Gold Passport members. We were quickly notified that there was a typo in the terms and conditions. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are in the process of correcting the terms and conditions on our website and would also like to share the modification with you.

In the incorrect copy below, the bold and underlined “or” should have been a comma.

“To receive bonus points, you must provide your Hyatt Gold Passport account number at reservation/check-in, be a preselected member or be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered and pay an Eligible Rate.”

The correct terms are as follows and will be updated shortly.

“To receive bonus points you must provide your Hyatt Gold Passport account number at reservation/check-in, be a pre-selected member, be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered and pay an Eligible Rate.”

Thanks again for your attention to detail and for notifying us.

We hope your travels are safe and that we have the opportunity to welcome you to a Hyatt hotel soon.

iolaire and uggboy like this.
  2. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    In other words, instead of "OR" it should be "AND." Since I didn't get the offer, I guess it doesn't matter to me!

kenbo likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would be more likely if I had been a preselected member. Just sayin'

lwkatya, SC Flier and cennas like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was not targeted with this promotion and indeed it would be so much nicer and wiser to have a real promotion in place!:confused:

5. theskyflyer
    Original Member

theskyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    No love for me either :-(

lwkatya and uggboy like this.
  6. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suppose GP Concierge would not divulge the criteria to be selected for the promotion.

7. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    On FT there are a few posts that say it was targeted to Golds and Plats with only 1-4 stays this year. That is not official, of course.

lwkatya and cennas like this.
  8. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems our loyalty is not rewarded then :(

lwkatya and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, it is... with status and its benefits. I guess this is a bit like HHonors offering Gold status to everyone with a Signature visa card, ie it's designed as a tool to encourage more stays by a certain segment.

lwkatya, cennas, uggboy and 1 other person like this.
  10. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Like HaveMilesWillTravel mentioned, there are the extra benefits that come with higher status. I don't think this is the right promo to say that loyalty is not being rewarded. The target demographic is guests who aren't "loyal" per se.

Hyatt has been generous in handing out additional perks to Diamond members. If those same members constantly find something to complain about when things aren't going their way, then Hyatt will just cut back the perks. I'd rather Hyatt continue to give loyal customers a few perks once in awhile than nothing at all.

11. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Instead of such targeted promotions, I would rather want to see some real promotions for all members of the Hyatt Gold Passport program eg. Double points, FFN's...etc!;)

12. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed! I want to know what's up next!

13. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me too, what's up next?;)

14. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not certain that this is the criteria. On my husband's account, he is Platinum and has 4 stays, 12 nights and he did not get an email. He does have the credit card.

On my account I am gold, no credit card, 1 stay, 2 nights and I received the 3/3 offer. I only joined HGP last month when I travelled separately from my husband.

uggboy and kenbo like this.
  15. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good to know. Maybe it's just Golds then?

uggboy likes this.
  16. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Certainly not ALL golds. My wife didn't get the invitation.

I think just because one Plat didn't receive it doesn't mean they were all excluded. Same with Diamonds. Ultimately it really doesn't matter to me how they selected the invitees. I wasn't one of them. And it's not a promo that will cause me to lose any sleep (but of course I wouldn't mind the extra points).

lwkatya, kenbo and Toula like this.
  17. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well I do know Hyatt is super generous :) and that us, loyal members, are rewarded with status and the perks and benefits that come with it, and not being selected for the promo certainly wouldn't make me leave Hyatt.

That said, if I had been selected, it would've made me love Hyatt more than I already do. And of course I wouldn't mind the extra points. Although, I'm sure the next big promotion is just around the corner :)

18. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    The only Hyatt promo that has been attractive to me recently has been the one extra year of Diamond status for 3 stays during Star Mega-Do 3. My interest has really dropped off since the end of G bonuses, discounted Costco certs, and FFNs, combined with expensive eligible rates. I do appreciate the Diamond perks for PL stays, for as long as I'm Diamond (my 10-year anniversary is coming up, but that may be about it).