Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge, Dec 7, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear Mile Point Members,

We know how important it is to have up-to-date Hyatt Gold Passport account information. So, we wanted to let our members know that from December 15 to December 18, 2015 Hyatt Gold Passport will be undergoing system maintenance and account information will not be accessible during this time.

What members are able to do:

• Earn points and stay/night credit toward tier status for all eligible stays

• Earn points for eligible dining and spa services

• Book paid reservations

What members are unable to do:

• Cannot access your account information, including point balance and promotional awards, either online or by calling a Global Contact Center

• Cannot redeem new promotional awards or points for free nights, room upgrades, or miles

• Cannot purchase or combine points

Any account activity accrued after December 12, 2015 will not be reflected on member’s account until the week of December 28, 2015. Members can be assured that any points earned during this time will be credited to their account. We appreciate your patience during this time.

We don't want you to miss out, so if you're planning an upcoming trip using your points or awards, start exploring and book before December 15, 2015. Otherwise, you’ll have full access to your account beginning December 19, 2015.

Thank you for your patience during this time, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Hyatt Gold Passport

2. clintonrebel

clintonrebel Active Member

Status Points:
    I cannot even begin to tell you how inconvenient this is during this very busy travel season. I have never heard of an online system going down for maintenance for three entire days. This is 2015, such a planned outage is unheard of these days.

OceanBreezes likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have not only heard of but also lived through many such projects. Somewhere else sbm12 mentioned that they are moving to a new CRM system (I'd be curious to know from what old system to what new system). Those migrations tend to not be designed with availability during the migration in mind. While it is technically possible, it tends to not be worth the cost and effort for a system like GP. And this might be a busy travel season, but most people presumably have made their travel arrangements months ago.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  4. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still down...pass the timeframe...they must be having problems????

5. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    They said not to expect points for stays after the 15th until 'the week of' the 28th. Well, mine from a relatively expensive stay checking out the morning of the 26th posted today on the 28th. Not too bad, and a lot better than I had feared. They must be recovering.

However, the desk clerk who checked us in at that resort on the 23rd was really quite vocal as to how 'really out of whack and still not back to what it's supposed to be' it had been.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still lots of reports of problems on FT. Glad it worked for you.