Hyatt Gold Passport Endless Possibilities Promotion

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by J Zidell VP Hyatt, Dec 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. J Zidell VP Hyatt

J Zidell VP Hyatt Official Representative

Status Points:
    Greetings MilePoint Members,

Get ready – our latest Hyatt Gold Passport promotion is coming soon!

Beginning January 15, 2014, there will be more ways to reward yourself with our Hyatt Gold Passport® Endless Possibilities promotion. You can earn a free night or thousands of bonus points after every five nights you stay with us by April 30.

Choose Free Nights

Earn a free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel worldwide after every five nights. Enjoy 4 free nights after you stay a maximum of 20 nights. Redeem your free nights with no blackout dates through July 31, 2014.

Or, Choose Bonus Points

Earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your first five nights and thousands more for every additional five nights. After 20 nights, you’ll earn 50,000 bonus points. Here’s how the points add up:

Stay 5 Nights, Earn +5,000 Points = 5,000 Total Points Earned

Stay 10 Nights, Earn +10,000 Points = 15,000 Total Points Earned

Stay 15 Nights, Earn +15,000 Points = 30,000 Total Points Earned

Stay 20 Nights, Earn +20,000 Points = 50,000 Total Points Earned

So which will you choose — free nights or bonus points?

Registration begins on January 9, 2014, for stays from January 15, 2014 through April 30, 2014.

Complete Terms and Conditions

Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion (“Promotion”) Terms and Conditions

ELIGIBILITY/HOW TO REGISTER: To participate in this Promotion, you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member and register for this Promotion. New and current member online registration begins January 9, 2014 by registering at goldpassport.com/possibilities and ends March 31, 2014.

SELECTION OF OFFER: To participate, you must register for one (1) of the offers described below: (a) Free Night Offer or (b) Bonus Point Offer (collectively “Offers”). You may not register for both Offers. You will not be permitted to change your Offer selection after you have made your selection.

PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins January 15, 2014 and ends April 30, 2014 (“Promotion Period”).

GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS: To participate in either Offer of this Promotion and receive these Free Night Awards or Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member, register for the Promotion, select which Offer you would like, provide your Hyatt Gold Passport membership number at reservation/check-in, be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered, and pay an Eligible Rate (as defined in the Hyatt Gold Passport program terms and conditions).

ELIGIBLE NIGHTS: For the purpose of these Offers, an “Eligible Night” shall be defined as one (1) night at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort during the Promotion Period when choosing points or miles and paying an Eligible Rate (as defined in the Hyatt Gold Passport program Terms and Conditions). Eligible Nights at participating MGM Resorts International property are limited to those nights during the Promotion Period for which (i) the payment is made directly to a participating M life resorts, (ii) the stay is booked through hyatt.com, or (iii) the stay is booked through a Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Center. Award nights shall not constitute an Eligible Night. Hyatt Gold Passport members will only receive eligible night credit for their room, regardless of the number of paid rooms.

FREE NIGHT OFFER:During the Promotion Period, earn one (1) Free Night Award for use by July 31, 2014 in a Category one (1) through four (4) property after your 5th Eligible Night, 10th Eligible Night, 15th Eligible Night, and 20th Eligible Night at any participating Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, or Hyatt Residence Club™ hotel and resort worldwide, or any participating M life resort. A maximum of four (4) Free Night Awards may be earned under this Promotion. For the purpose of this Promotion, “Free Night Award” shall be defined as one (1) night in any available standard room at any Hyatt hotel or resort designated as Category one (1) through four (4) under the Hyatt Gold Passport program. PLEASE NOTE that these Free Night Awards are not valid at properties in any other category and they expire July 31, 2014. They may not be transferred, used, or extended beyond the expiration date or exchanged for points. To find Category one (1) through four (4) properties, visit goldpassport.com. A property’s category is subject to change at any time prior to booking without prior notice.

BONUS POINT OFFER: During the Promotion Period, earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your 5th Eligible Night, an additional 10,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your 10th Eligible Night, an additional 15,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your 15th Eligible Night, and an additional 20,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your 20th Eligible Night at any participating Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, or Hyatt Residence Club™ hotel and resort worldwide, or any participating M life resort. A maximum of 50,000 bonus points may be earned under this Promotion..

POSTING OF FREE NIGHT AWARDS AND BONUS POINTS: Please allow two to three (2-3) weeks after your 5th Eligible Night (and every five Eligible Nights thereafter) for your Free Night Award or bonus points to be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account (allow 4-6 weeks for free nights and bonus points from nights outside the U.S.).

GENERAL CONDITIONS: Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this Promotion at any time without notice. This Promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. Membership in Hyatt Gold Passport is free. For complete program Terms and Conditions, and to join, visit goldpassport.com. Void where prohibited.

Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residence Club™ resort, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2014 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

2. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will pass this one... too bad that free nights are limited to only Cat 1-4...

Sweet Willie and Flyer1976 like this.
  3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed I think I will stick with doing IHG's Q1 promo only.

Sweet Willie and Mirror74 like this.
  4. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Especially if you got good offer... also HH still has 4x-points promotion in January 2014...

5. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think there are plenty of good Cat 1-4 properties for redemption. I have used my annual credit card night at Boston Harborside, Park Hyatt Hamburg, Hyatt Regency Jersey City.

traveltoomuch and TAHKUCT like this.
  6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    for those of us with longer memories of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, the promo for free nights was stay twice get a free night at any category hotel. So this is hardly something to get excited about. I find the category 1-4 award especially cruel limiting.

Of course if you are staying at Hyatt anyways, this is far better than a sharp stick in the eye, but this promo will not cause me to budge from my existing hotel programs.
    typo, I think you meant FREE NIGHT OFFER: During the ......

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    MX and Mirror74 like this.
  7. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    And for those of us who doesn't like to stay at Holiday Inn Express or let IHG dictate where we take trips via Point Breaks, here are the category 4 properties ;)

I do agree that after the recent devaluation, Hyatt should at least allow Cat 5 for a promo like this, but hey, this promos is not that bad in the current environment.

8. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of course that was a much more lucrative promo. But it also coincided with a time when the economy was tanking and in danger of truly imploding. As much as I loved the FFN promo, if it's a choice between that promo (and the crappy economy) versus the deal on the table, I'll take a better economy and the slightly-tweaked rehash of the just-ended fall promo any day of the week.

canucklehead, tommy777 and IDGflygirl like this.
  9. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actually think I value the points more than the free nights here.

10. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not me. I can find something, surely, that is worth more than 5,000 points after 5 nights' stay. Perhaps if I thought I'd get closer to 15 nights, then maybe...but I suspect we won't have more than the 5 paid nights. ('cause I'm hoping to change some reservations to Cash & Points after Jan. 7.)

Tenmoc likes this.
  11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    While I very much agree with the choice you made, I am not sure that the FFN promos historically were tied to a crappy economy. I wasn't following Hyatt at the time (sadly) and thus didn't participate in the promos (double sadly), but a quick Google search uncovered this mention of Faster Free Nights

http://www.insideflyer.com/articles/article.php?key=3217

"Like previous Faster Free Nights promotions, this one allows Hyatt Gold Passport members to earn unlimited free nights at Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide. From November 1, 2006 through January 31 , 2007 members who pay for their stay with a MasterCard will earn a free night with every two stays. Members can redeem their free nights between November 15 and March 31, 2007. These awards are provided in addition to the Gold Passport points that members can earn on each Hyatt stay. "

I believe that was before the great recession of 2008. It also was before Hyatt became a public company in 2009.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  12. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am likely going to get the 20 nights.

For my travel year, any cat 4 or less free nights would be the same as a mattress run just without earning. I'd take trips I don't really need to use them.

The 50k points is also something I see as likely as good or better than the promos I'll see later in the year to push out my diamond requal.

13. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think this is what really rubs me the wrong way, Hyatt finally again is offering a free night promo (yay!) but capping the category at 4 (seriously??? Boo!!!). Sure there are a few nice places that are Cat 4. It is hardly a wow aspirational promo.

Marriott has raised their megabonus promos to cat 5, I'm not comparing Marriott's categories, just posting that I hoped they realized that cat 4 is not something to really drive biz. (Marriott megabonus is stay twice get a free night)

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  14. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    This one is better than the Endless Possibilities program that just ended given the choice of taking free nights (even if it is only cat 1-4). Personally, I will have to figure out how many nights I can pull off during the promotion period. Most likely, if I were to only do 5 or 10 nights, the free night would be good). If more, I would prob opt for points so I can do C+P and get a stay credit.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  15. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are we sure Cash and Points stays will be valid for these promos? IIRC, with SPG they aren't, even though you get stay and night credit.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  16. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Asked and answered on Flyertalk: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21981222-post4.html

Sweet Willie, canucklehead and Tenmoc like this.
  17. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    per Hyatt GP Concierge on Flyertalk

Hi!

The points+cash option counts as an eligible stay. It would also count towards the promotion.

Safe travels,

Nick B.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21981222-post4.html

IDGflygirl and Sweet Willie like this.
  18. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    OceanBreezes and Tenmoc like this.
  19. theSuperStar

theSuperStar Silver Member

Status Points:
    New year with new night requirements to maintain Diamond and get a bonus pts, Ill take - thanks!

OceanBreezes and Tenmoc like this.
  20. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    How about the registration period? Can we register late in the period and get retroactive credits back to January 15? (IIRC, that's how it has worked in the past.) Then, we'd have a better idea of our stay patterns before choosing between points and nights.

Tenmoc likes this.
  21. jojim

jojim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wont be taking advantage of this promo. Side note though... Club Carlsons new promo is decent. (well, compared to this)

Tenmoc likes this.
  22. 365RoadWarrior

365RoadWarrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm.

Attempted registration.
    "An unexpected error has occurred while attempting to process your request. Please try again later. For assistance, please contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 1-800-30-HYATT or your nearest Worldwide Reservation Center."

Tenmoc likes this.
  23. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Getting the same error.

uggboy likes this.
  24. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ditto, got the same error by trying to register only 2 minutes ago.

Tenmoc likes this.
  25. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just had it successfully work for points.

uggboy likes this.