Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge--amazing how quickly they can fix things

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by tom911, Sep 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a stay in Maryland over the Labor Day weekend, and today I noticed a charge on my bill that I figured had to be the Diamond breakfast or wi-fi mistakenly being posted to my bill. There were no charges when I had checked out. Quick PM to Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge here on MilePoint and it was fixed in a few minutes, with a response that the hotel would be posting a credit back to my AMEX. I continue to be impressed with both their response times and ability to resolve problems.

I've probably had 10 conversations either here or on FlyerTalk with Gold Passport Concierge the last 2-3 years and every single issue I've raised has been researched and resolved promptly. Most of the prior contacts have involved points not correctly posting, though that seems to have resolved itself this year with the bonus points (G1, G2, G3) not in play. Imagine sorting out those transactions took them a lot of time. I appreciate that they're able to help me out when issues about my account do come up.

lwkatya, rajuabju, uggboy and 11 others like this.
  2. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    GP Concierge has also been very helpful to me. When I first became Diamond, I was being told that it would take several months for my account to reflect the new status, and I would stay as a Plat until that time. Some messages back and forth, and I was Diamond for my next stay (about five days later).

lwkatya, rajuabju, uggboy and 3 others like this.
  3. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, they've been very helpful to me also. Every single issue resolved and every queries answered promptly. With them around, I don't think I will ever need a PLA :).

4. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Well I think the GPC staff is the cream of the crop for CS - even though I think that the general "Diamond" agents have gotten better lately - I've not heard many horror stories where they get basic information wrong.

5. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    To be honest, the Hyatt GP concierge presence on the forums is one of the IMPORTANT factors in my continuing loyalty to Hyatt.

Yes, I know some of the other chains have a presence... but the fact that Hyatt gives relatively strong authority for the GP Concierge to quickly take action, and that they are so readily available to help, I value more than being able to call the Diamond line.

IMO, having the staff presence online is money very well spent by Hyatt.

alohastephen, lwkatya, sobore and 2 others like this.
  6. sealiz
    Original Member

sealiz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I find it's hit or miss depending upon the issue. I had a customer service issue earlier this year and although the GPC was involved; there was never any resolution to the actual issue. I do like that they are active on this board and FT and appear to be proactive in many respects.