Hyatt gift cards: tracking numbers/order confirmations?

Discussion in 'Premium Membership' started by elepsis, Oct 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. elepsis

elepsis Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to the hobby and the community and really excited about all of my MilePoint premium membership benefits. I finally availed myself of the Hyatt 10% gift card discount last week, and I've been a little worried by the lack of confirmation mail, tracking number, etc., particularly given that this is a physical package that's going to be delivered.

The package also requires signature confirmation, so it would be very useful to be able to plan around the day it's scheduled for delivery, or reroute to a Fedex location.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but at least for me this is quite a bit of money to spend without the "standard" online shopping communication.

Is there any chance that a confirmation mail and tracking number could be provided for these orders at some point in the future?

2. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also ordered from the "Store" here and have yet to receive any confirmation that the order was placed or when it will be shipped. I have a stay on Nov 28 and would like to use the Hyatt Gift Cards for that stay, but now am worried I won't recieve them in time. Is there a Premium Membership point person who handles this?

3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I answered this HERE. And we see no worries for a stay on Nov. 28. (A reminder that gift cards are processed daily for delivery three business days following an order on a business day morning before 11 am MT.)

4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    A fair request. The answer is that we don't currently offer a confirmation email and so far the process seems to work fairly well with more than $150K in gift card processed without incident. I hope you can appreciate that when offering some of our benefits, these are one-off projects with major entities and it likely doesn't make sense for them to build a custom process for Milepoint. So we tend to work with what we have and hope that our follow through and customer service still makes the benefit worthwhile. The current process involves working through a partner portal and as such in a closed system, confirmations that confirm our order, not that of a particular member. WE do however continue to work with Hyatt on another process because we both (Milepoint and Hyatt) like to make things work even better, but the right build of technology for this is coming ... just not available today. We made a judgement call—offer the benefit and make it work with the tools we have right now and it does seem to be performing well. It was that or not offer the benefit because the perfect process was not available. Hope this makes sense and you'll see this from time-to-time as we stretch the ideas of benefits for our members. My guess is that you already have your cards and I hope the discount helps make the Premium Membership program valuable to you.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  5. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks so much Randy!

6. elepsis

elepsis Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the follow-up. I do indeed have my gift cards now, and I am definitely grateful for the benefit even if some of the incidentals around it are a work in progress--I'm glad you guys decided to make the tradeoff of offering it. At any rate, the context is much appreciated!

7. Silver Springer

Silver Springer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I bought a $1000 Hyatt card and was charged appropriately $906; paid with my Starwood AMEX business which is part of AMEX Open and got $45 or a 5% rebate on the card. My total cost was 861 for 1000 toward my Hyatt stays--good deal...

Randy Petersen likes this.